Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sewright
New Member!

08-08-2005, 01:20 PM

a heart breaking dilema which i desparatly need advice and help with

Hello everyone,

I am currently facing one of the worst desicions ever and it is tearing me apart.

i am faced with having to get rid of my dog who i have had for over 5 years and i dont know how to go about this.

This has come about as a result of my marriage breaking up - he got the house,i got Wayne (my staffie X). i had to move from Liverpool to Warwickshire with my job. this has resulted in me having to find higher rent and living costs as well as kennel fees.

My work means that i am away most of the month so poor Wayne is having to go into kennels - luckily the lady at the kennels is really understanding (Thanks Jo x) but is this really fare on Wayne.

he is the most friendly and funny little hound i have ever known but i really cant keep this up as i know deep down its not fare on him and it is making me ill worrying about it all the time.

I now have to move out of my current rented house as i cant afford to live there having be put on a debt managment plan because of huge debts.

I know this sounds like a sob story but believe me i have been fighting to keep everything together for about 6 months now but ive just got deeper into debt.

THe DOgs trust now tell me they are really full and cant have him back - no one (including my ex) is willing to take him off my hands - funny how all those offers of help dissapear when the **** hits the fan, eh??

i really would appriciate some advice on what to do next??

If he is to go to a rescue centre i must know that they do not, EVER, put healthy animals down.

PLEASE some friendly advice please

sarah
gillandsteve
New Member!
Female 

08-08-2005, 01:38 PM
I know that is a terrible situation, and sending you hugs!!! If you need a friendly word, I'll be here for you.

Re rescue centres, afraid I'm not up on that one, and too far away to help personally - but wishing you all the best. Things will turn around eventually!

take care

gx
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2005, 01:43 PM
perhaps someone would be willing to foster him intill you get back on your feet if you really dont want to part with him ..we will all try our best im sure to help you with the situation .how is he with other dogs ?
sewright
New Member!

08-08-2005, 01:54 PM
once he gets to know them he's fine - just gets a bit wary first off.

he is all chipped and newtered, house trained and loves people.

he is quite at home either sat being lazy or out and about and doing lots of exercise.

i would welcome a foster home for him, but only come across overseas websites and information.

id rather have a dog than a husband!!
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2005, 02:04 PM
id rather have dogs then kids ..lol had loads of hubbys .my dogs always seem to out last them ....
i have done fostering in the past myself , but i didnt have 2 puppies then . and i cant drive . or i would be willing to have our doggies meet to see how they would get along ,, im sure someone will come up with a suitable solution
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2005, 02:11 PM
Sorry you're having such a nightmare time of it. Although we're too far away to help, I'm sure if anywhere can help, Dogweb can. Keep your chin up
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-08-2005, 02:16 PM
Hello Seawright...there is little I can do to help you ...if I could do more I would...all I can say is that I understand the Dogs Trust never put down a healthy dog..(they are the old National Canine Defence League with branches throughout the country).....if all else fails try them
here is the link...good luck... I think Kenilworth is your nearest..

click here

PS I have been to my nearest NCDL at Evesham many times with people looking for dogs, the home there is well run and the staff kind.....
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2005, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Hello Seawright...there is little I can do to help you ...if I could do more I would...all I can say is that I understand the Dogs Trust never put down a healthy dog..(they are the old National Canine Defence League with branches throughout the country).....if all else fails try them
here is the link...good luck...

click here

Hi Mini, I think she said that she had tried the dogs trust but they are full and won't have him (unless I misunderstood her post )

Not too far away from us is a place called Ramsbottom there is a place that rehomes dogs and cats called Bleakholt and they have a lot of kennels and catterys and seem really nice people. They have also got old donkeys and rabbits too. I suppose this is too far from where the poster is though.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-08-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Hi Mini, I think she said that she had tried the dogs trust but they are full and won't have him (unless I misunderstood her post )

Not too far away from us is a place called Ramsbottom there is a place that rehomes dogs and cats called Bleakholt and they have a lot of kennels and catterys and seem really nice people. They have also got old donkeys and rabbits too. I suppose this is too far from where the poster is though.
Thanks Foxy.. if all else fails, one of the branches may be able to help and maybe the little dog can go on a waiting list for a space...might be worth contacting them again....this lady is running out of options...
gillandsteve
New Member!
Female 

08-08-2005, 02:47 PM
How long til you have to move house?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >