Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2006, 03:12 AM

Not her favourite person right now!

Takara isn't talking to me...

We had a productive day today and Takara has been showered, dried, flea sprayed, ears cleaned, teeth brushed and nails clipped.

Well, I did her nails the other day but the rest was today.

To be fair, she did really well. I haven't been brushing her teeth because I know what she's like with eating the brush so I've been giving her chews that clean her teeth while I get her used to being handled.
She won't show her teeth at training and I don't think brushing her teeth is helping as she expects something to go in her mouth (when it doesn't she takes matters into her own hands and the trainer suddenly loses a finger). But, tonight I brushed her teeth and she just laid there and let me do it, she was pretty exhausted after 'bad mummy' flea sprayed her, but still.

She's getting very good and let me clean her ears with no fuss and didn't even try to eat the cotton wool

However, for showering and spraying her, I have to earn her forgiveness! She is not impressed and hid under the kitchen table from me all night

When I did her nails the other day, she protested at first so I got into a strop and she left the room, then came back flopped on the bed, heaved a sigh and put a paw on my knee ready for her nails done :hihi: Not another peep was heard from her for the whole duration!

So I have a pretty, white puppy again now!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2006, 11:18 AM
great isn't it when they let you clean there teeth...lots of struggles at first but mine soon got used to it, now so long as they are wore out they just lay on their side while I clean away, they even keep their tongue still now a days, I'm glad I got them used to it They are better at having teeth cleaned than they are nails trimmed!

Well done with all your grooming!