View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shadowboy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-02-2006, 08:16 AM

Does anyone have experience with hypothyroid meds?

My sweet Shadow was finally diagnosed with hypothyroid about 1 month ago. Recently, I have noticed that he is piddling quiet a bit more often and I am wondering if this could be a result of the hypothyroid medication. I do know prednisone will make them go more often, so am curious if thyro. meds do the same. He is not in any pain when he goes and his urine is clear. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2006, 03:38 PM
Jenna my Afghan is hypo-t and she doesn't go for a wee more than usual. She is my second hypo Affie and the other one never changed either. You might like to have a word with your vet in case he has an urinary infection.

Sue
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2006, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by shadowboy
My sweet Shadow was finally diagnosed with hypothyroid about 1 month ago. Recently, I have noticed that he is piddling quiet a bit more often and I am wondering if this could be a result of the hypothyroid medication. I do know prednisone will make them go more often, so am curious if thyro. meds do the same. He is not in any pain when he goes and his urine is clear. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks

Hi Shadowboy sorry that Shadow is having problems. Have you tried typing the name of the medication into a search engine to see what it brings up - it might tell you a bit more about it. I did this when my GSD was on Rimadyl - and then wished I hadn't
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2006, 04:33 PM
Roxy is HT - no problems with the meds she's on
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-02-2006, 05:41 PM
One of my American Cockers (Kitty) has been diagnosed with Hypothyriodism within the last 6 weeks. As I was observing symptoms, I noticed that she wasn't drinking very much at all, now maybe that was just coincidental, because I never saw that as one of the documented symptoms. However, now that she has been properly diagnosed with blood tests, and has commenced the treatment, she has improved so much I can't get over the change in her. The tablets are called Soloxine (Levothyroxine).

Anyway, she now drinks normally, and is passing more urine as a result.

Dawn R.