Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2006, 11:17 AM

Bed wetting

Hi all,
This is driving me around the bend,my youngest is still wetting the bed,some weeks are better than others but we've only had 2 dry nights this week,he's been to hospital etc but they were not very helpful
Any one got any advice please
Sal
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2006, 11:23 AM
Hiya

Sounds like a real nightmare for you! My OH's little sister (8 yrs old) wets the bed sometimes. The docs have given her tablets for it. Doc says its when she goes into a really deep sleep, her muscles just relax and she pees
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2006, 11:28 AM
when your putting her to bed make sure she has a wee before getting into bed also cut down her drinks about 2hrs before bedtime i did this with my son and it worked
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2006, 12:37 PM
hi sal,,

my little girl is 4 in may and still has a nappy at bedtime,, sometimes she wets it and other times we can go for 2 weeks at a time and she is dry every night
some kids just dont have the ability to hold it in or wake when they need it as others do
as frustrating as it is hun it takes time and patience,, get some of those night time pants or something??
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2006, 07:20 PM
i no i been there myself and it can be fustrating , i used to put mine on the loo before bed as i bet you do then before i go to bed i just picked them up and hold them on loo , there still half asleep and the loo seat usually is enough to stimulate a wee , hope thats another thing for you try good luck
fluffiesarecool
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-02-2006, 06:17 PM
my son and daughter used to both wet the bed, the school nurse told us that it can be hereditory. My husbands brother used to do it too.
When my son reached 12 he just stopped just like that. My daughter also stopped when she reached 10.
Sometimes i think you just have to wait for it to stop. i think that when i didnt get upset with them, the time between each time was longer.
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-02-2006, 12:39 AM
Limit drinks maybe from tea time
toilet before they go to bed
toilet before you go to bed
Dont let them or you worry about it as this will make it worse
just wait it out!
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2006, 12:49 PM
Thank you all,
He used to wear Dry nites but I thought maybe I was giving out the wrong signals now he is 9,but i suppose progress will be slow
when he wets the bed we ignore it but when he's dry we give lots of praise and encouragement.
It's like housetraining a pup only harder.....lol
Sal