register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Dog House
Double Ridge 16 84.21%
Lean-to style 3 15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-07-2007, 08:25 PM

Dog House

Well I thought I would share my latest project with you all.

You see we had some bricks left over from when we had our extension done and instead of throwing them away Michelle decided that I should build a couple of dog houses in the garden (as if I don't have enough to do already) that could accommodate all the dogs.

So yesterday morning I decided to start to build the following pair of houses, but I think I got carried away with the arches.. So I got the brick work done yesterday and I rendered it first thing this morning and painted it this evening after tea.

So all I've got to do is put the roof on it tomorrow. Michelle or as I call her "She who must be obeyed" wants me to put a double ridge with a valley in it, but as I have explained to her it is only a bloody dog house.

So come on you lot what roof do I put on it, double ridge or a lean-to style flat roof?

I will go with the general consensus

john100
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-07-2007, 08:29 PM
Are you sure there dog houses Colin. They seem to resemble coal bunkers lol. You could have built a chimney with the left over bricks if you had enough. Sorry, couldn't resist that one. He-he
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2007, 08:31 PM
I think the double ridge but then you need to add shuttered windows and some gingham curatins!
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2007, 08:33 PM
Aren't you talented?! Well done you It really needs an obelisk or something equally posh!
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2007, 08:37 PM
If the dogs have enough headroom as it is I would say a flat roof,as they look neater. But if you need more headroom then go for the double ridge.
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-07-2007, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by john100 View Post
Are you sure there dog houses Colin. They seem to resemble coal bunkers lol. You could have built a chimney with the left over bricks if you had enough. Sorry, couldn't resist that one. He-he
It took 375 bricks to build and the internal dimensions are both 4' x 4' so I can get 2 dogs in each. I could build a chimney as I only had 4 brick left over.

Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
I think the double ridge but then you need to add shuttered windows and some gingham curatins!
You might laugh, but Michelle actually wanted me to put an opening/window in the dividing wall so the dogs could see each other.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2007, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
i agree with fudgely after all if a jobs worth doing ,its worth doing posh lol xxdk
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-07-2007, 08:41 PM
As you can see Michelle didn't get her wish on that one. No windows.
john100
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-07-2007, 08:42 PM
Hang on while i get back in my chair, youve made my night Colin thanks
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-07-2007, 08:49 PM
John just for you, Michelle has agreed that regardless what roof I put on, I should build a chimney/flower pot.

So it looks like I will have to pick up another dozen bricks.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >