Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2005, 06:15 PM

New doggie addition - I must be mad

Well I have decided my marbles have finaly left my head. Due to circumstances beyond my will power I have another dog a 5 year old rottweiler bitch - Callie.

I occasionaly meet her and her owner on walks - but I had not seen him for weeks to be honest and never thought about it - I vary my walks around work etc

However I saw him on Sunday and asked how he was and he said he'd been diagnosed with cancer and is having chemo. and he was rough some days with no energy, and finds it hard to get out with Callie. He is in his late 50's and his wife is already in a wheelchair with MS.

So this is where my dodgy judgment starts - I volunteered to walk Callie

Now don't panic - don't panic she only joins us for walks.

But the look of relief on his face when I offered was worth all the tea in china. Due to where they live about 20 minutes in the car from me. I will pop over and walk her twice a week, maybe straight from work - for a hour or so free running in the park and if she gets on with my two she will join me and one of them - on a walk another twice or so a week I will alter my walk to pick her up but at least twice a week she will have a damned good run. Shame I can't do more,

Karen
mustards mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-09-2005, 06:20 PM
Aw, how very kind of you and what a relief it must be for the dogs owner.

Good luck and I hope should I ever find myself old or infirm someone comes along to help in fact when I win the lottery tonight I might just set up a charity to do that
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-09-2005, 06:29 PM
Well done Kazz, its a great thing you have done to go out of your way to help others
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2005, 06:29 PM
That is great, thanks to you these people will be able to keep their dog....Brilliant...
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2005, 06:30 PM
Oh No I don;t think they would have gotten rid of her - they seem to adore her but walking seemed to be a big issue.

I wish I could do more, but due to the family, the dogs, work and already walking for the cinnamon trust - I just have not got the time. I feel bad about it not being able to do more but hey you do what you can where you can don't you.

Have to brush up on my Rottie info now.

Karen
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2005, 06:31 PM
That is wonderful and will make such a difference to all concerned (furry or not)! Well done!
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2005, 06:33 PM
Well done to you Kazz!!!

ps I think a couple of your marbles have rolled this way, you want me to package them up and send 'em back to you
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2005, 06:34 PM
Thanks you could do but somethng tells me they will get away again - soft headed and soft hearted my Dad said when I told him .
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2005, 06:35 PM
Well done Kazz, they may not have got rid of her but it sounds like they would have been upset that they weren't giving her proper exercise, you have now taken some of that worry away at what is obviously a very difficult time for them. They can now enjoy their dog without feeling guilty.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2005, 07:17 PM
aww thats so kind of u, i bet she stunning kazz
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »