Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2023, 07:56 AM

Syllabub Sunday 5th February 2012

Morning all. Get well wishes to all that are poorly. Hope you all have a good day. Suns coming out so I am going out to.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2023, 09:43 AM
Good morning Brenda and all who follow

Hope you have a good day and a nice walk

Good to see you post Kelly. Good luck with the op and hope it sorts out the problem once and for all. Take care of yourself. As Chris said justice is a joke why do the guilty always get away with it and the innocent are left to suffer. Definitely look into legal aid and then hit them with a harrasement order.

Pldassd car is behaving Lynn but I know what you mean about not feeling happy with it. Had the same with a car that was shunted down a ditch and repaired never felt happy in it so sold it.

Hope all is well with you and your family Chris. Hope sister is starting to improve

Lovely and sunny here. Teazle walked, bedding washed and on the line and a bread and butter pudding made for lunch. Will take myself off into the garden again this afternoon. It is beginning to look a lot better now with a good tidy and hoe.

Take care everyone
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2023, 10:35 AM
Good morning all

Bright and lovely here, bedding just finishing in the machine the joys of a North facing back garden meaning no point being out to early with washing until Summer.

Will be in the garden myself today more tidying removing and hoeing included going to get some topsoil for levelling the lawn where its sunk a bit and reseed as well & look for some bargain space fillers at work tomorrow/this coming week.

My nephew is at home now not at his supported living he appears to have come down with a cough (hopefully not the dreaded one but def not covid) therefore Di and Stu have him at home they will always keep him home when he is not well.

Roast chicken here for dinner, loving the sunshine though hope you all have it.

Sue Any thoughts on what changes you will make in the garden? did you et your quote and start date for the porch?

Brenda Hope you and Sun are enjoying your trip out.

Chris Hope your sister is feeling better today. How do yu and Dave feel any better?

Lynn Once your confidence is knocked you can't get it to return with cars. I would be doing as you are. Any idea whta you will get next?

Moyra Hope you are doing okay.

Griff Nice to see you posting and please don't loose touch with us.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2023, 10:39 AM
Oh also got to consider something to replace the worn out lavender in the front garden pot its outgrown its pot. To be honest will more than likely end up with another lavender as south facing and I sometimes forget to water. But going to look for inspiration.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-02-2023, 06:57 PM
Good evening everyone.
Freya is sitting today and what an eventful day it turned out to be.
We took the Volvo over to Marks and it was fine till we got 10 mins away. We went to turn right and it wouldn't drive.
It came back Wednesday after having the new CV joint replaced. Called the RAC and luckily for us we had a guy ring us to see what was happening who owned an XC90.
He came along and took the wheel off and found the job hadn't been done properly, there was a clip missing and he also found a torch of the garages left behind in the wheel arch. Goodness knows how that stayed there.
Anyway he fixed it and it is now back on the drive.
Gorden is down the garage tomorrow for a word.
We have never had any trouble from them before so today was a shock especially as a bolt had been broken and should have been replaced and hasn't.
Gorden has the write up and is off to see the owner of the garage for a chat tomorrow morning.
He had a general look at the car and gave Gorden a few pointers for a couple of things that will need replacing at some point and has suggested we keep it even with its high mileage.
We met an angel today disguised as an RAC man.

Not sure yet Kazz what we will replace the Vauxhall with I think we need some time to just come down from the car disasters in the last few months.

I hope everybody has had a lovely day. We did with Freya despite the problem first thing.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2023, 07:16 PM
Good evening all

Still cold, but a nice day anyway

My sister is no better. Getting very concerned now so I'm waiting another couple of days then I'll risk the drive over and stay with my youngest so my nephew can have a break or at least some company while he stays for the long visiting hours

Thankfully, my cough is more or less back to the level it was at pre the awful virus so visiting should now not be a problem except my sister doesn't want visitors except her son, but my nephew is soon going to need both a break and to get back to work
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2023, 07:26 PM
Wow Lynn I wonder if this is due to the "mechanic" you knew leaving even so poor show, and what did they do superglue the torch on/in? looks like your car angel was out in full force today

Glad to hear Freya was a happy soul.

Chris so sorry to hear this news I imagine your sister will want to see you. Very worrying though all around did the hospital say it would get worse before she got better?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-02-2023, 08:41 PM
Chris I am thinking of your sister and you and the family.

Amazing Kazz it stayed put but there it was.
We were wondering the same about the amazing mechanic that's left. Gorden has printed off the RAC guys report to go down to the garage tomorrow.
We think she will be mortified and someone may well be in for an ear bashing.

At last it seems my guardian angels are back off there long break.