Our sister sites
Patzy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-12-2015, 06:38 PM

What gets yer goat .........?

Those little irksome things that can be ........... well irksome
Here are 2 of the latest for me

Ordered a Christmas present from Amazon for Fabs (hubby)
I thought I'd better do a seller review and item review to stop the Emails coming through which Fabs might see
Did that, a couple of days later I get an Email about the item and thanking me for the review ! (which Fabs opened) You just can't win sometimes
Today I receive a delivery in a huge box, had me baffled as I'd only ordered a housecoat. Sure enough, that's what it was. Fed up with big boxes for small items .............
Have you any gripes to get off yer chest, tell Patsy and share - you'll feel better for it
Azz
Administrator
Male 

17-12-2015, 06:42 PM
Sod's law isn't it Patsy
  1. The food industry!
  2. Big Pharma!
  3. Basically anyone and everyone who puts profit before the well-being of people and the planet
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2015, 06:51 PM
I gotta be the first to say......cold calls
It's a good job they are at the end of a phone or I might commit a very nasty offence
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-12-2015, 08:45 PM
Same as Nippy, cold calls. I get about 10 a day so switched the ringer off my phone so friends or family who call have to shout are you there into the answering machine so I know it's them and I can pick up.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

17-12-2015, 10:35 PM
We must be lucky - we hardly get any (cold calls) but then I never put the landline on any forms or online forms. I put my spare mobile phone number
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2015, 10:47 PM
People with horrible colds that don't seem to realize its contagious and disgusting. A man coughed right on the back of my neck once. I almost went upside his head. When I see a cashier coughing and sniffing, I just get so grossed out taking my Debit Card from them.

Makes me feel like I'm gonna die of coldflupneumoniaeboladeathdisease. So gross. Also people who take forever to do something simple. Been to a restaurant countless times, and still take 15 minutes to figure out what to order. I mean take your time but goodness! People who walk staring at their smartphone instead of looking where they are going. Quite common here! I've seen people trip and fall, walk into things or other people, etc. STOP DOING THAT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=de...&v=r0GfQPjJ1WM
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-12-2015, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by Patzy View Post
Have you any gripes to get off yer chest, tell Patsy and share - you'll feel better for it
Hi Patsy, you'll likely know from OFF that I have lots of gripes about life, however todays gripes concern only one thing - QUES I hate them.

Headed into town today, first call was local P.O. to cash some money but que of 8 people and no movement, no worries I thought there's another village not far, went there another que, 10 people this time then went to another village nearby and another que only 2 people so I had to wait but got my cash.

No matter what the problem is in England the cause is always too many people
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-12-2015, 12:15 AM
Azz I never give out my landline number. I got calls from the first day I had it mostly for some other couple who must have had the number before me. I've moved house quite often and I am convinced that as soon as you get a number BT sell it on because the calls mostly from India at first start from the first day. I also went ex directory once but then a friend from Germany phoned me, he had got my number from the internet. Apparently ex directory only means not in the phone book lol

I've realised from reading everyone else's gripes that I have all those too and I'll probably agree with gripes anyone else posts.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2015, 08:23 AM
I am with Jenny, cold calls are my biggest bug bear. I bought a contraption which is supposed to stop them but the trouble is I still get a lot of what the operator terms as computer operated calls.
Patzy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-12-2015, 08:46 AM
I agree with all of the posts
Its a good idea 'not' to give your landline number, I have taken note of that

Myra, loved your post - I thought 'I had' posted it for a minute there
People with colds, coughing in yer face
And - people taking forever to do a simple task
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >