Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2006, 10:38 PM

Can your dogs drink from bottles?

I've seen those bottles that are used for rabbits, used on a bigger scale for dogs in crates. Do you know the ones I mean? They have a spout that hangs down?

Can your dogs drink from these?

Takara won't really want to drink while we're on a walk and if I take a bottle and bowl with me and she leaves it, that's all the water I have for her.

So I thought if she would drink from a bottle like one of those or even a normal drinking bottle, I could take one with us and then she'd get to drink little bits at a time.

Does this work? Is it just as case of pouring water over her head and see if she drinks it?
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-06-2006, 10:44 PM
Bo won't drink directly from the bottle but if i pour it out she will drink it as it is coming out if that makes sense?

Molly wont drink it at all she turns her nose up at it and looks quite scared!

Maybe it is just a case of training her to take water from the bottle?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2006, 10:45 PM
I've never tried Benji with one but my sister used to put one on the side of the crate for her Bichon when she had to leave him crated when he was younger so I imagine if they were thirsty they would soon learn to use one. Don't know whether they would when out on a walk though Don't they sell something in pets at home for this purpose I think I have seen something but can't remember what it was like. I usually just take a pop bottle full of water and a bowl when we are going somewhere in summer with Benji and give him frequent drinks.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-06-2006, 10:49 PM
Mine will drink from the sports water bottles while we are out on walks Makes it easy for me as I can close it when they have finished.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2006, 10:51 PM
mine also drink from sports bottles with no problems
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-06-2006, 11:14 PM
Mine drink from sports water bottles too.
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

04-06-2006, 12:17 AM

this sort fo one foxy ?

they are quite good
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

04-06-2006, 01:48 AM
I carry a spare bowl in the car for Rocky, but he can drink from a bottle (even if a bit messy! )
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2006, 06:58 AM
I have one of those its called 'H2o to go' - I always take alfies out with me,you can clip it to your jeans,or its small enough to put in your bag,alfie tends to sup it more from the dish than the spout,they are very handy,ive had plenty of use out of mine x
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2006, 08:09 AM
You can get a canvas, collapsable bowl with handle that weighs very little, pull it up and it forms a decent size "bowl" (more like a child's sand bucket but wider) can't remember where mine came from although it was a camping shop, one that does stuff for serious back packers and other users of tents and minimal equipment, maybe Blacks? ..... although my dogs use puddles (available most of the year here!) ditches, streams, toilets
Most walks involve a short car journey so I keep a conventional bowl and water bottle in the car.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >