Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2014, 04:06 PM

One less Cyprus Poodle in Cyprus

Spent the whole day seeing to sending Diamond the Cyp Poodle off to Bucharest. Started on the phone at 8.30 am talking to airline and cargo handling. Had to ring them back at 11 am to make sure they could take him and that recent awful snow blizzards in Bucharest are not still affecting flights.

Then off to Petstop at Aradippou where he has been boarded for a couple of nights awaiting shipping out.

Then over to the old airport cargo sheds to get him booked in, weighed, x-rayed and processed and only just got back indoors!

Never ever known such a timid dog bless him. I'm sure he will sleep the whole flight.

On the plus side - even more reassured now that I use the best boarding kennels on the planet as Sharon, the owner, having had him for just 2 nights, almost made us sign our names in blood to swear he was going to someone who LIKES dogs! Otherwise she was going to blerdy keep him!
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2014, 04:44 PM
A job well done there Tang, and a happy outcome for Diamond xx
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2014, 05:55 PM
Well done for all your hard work in sorting that dog in finding his forever home Poor little mite I do hope he settles in well and come 'out of himself' as he must be so confused . Will you ever hear about any updates as to how he gets on. Is he going to a specific home or just another rescue centre but in Bucharest?
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2014, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
Well done for all your hard work in sorting that dog in finding his forever home Poor little mite I do hope he settles in well and come 'out of himself' as he must be so confused . Will you ever hear about any updates as to how he gets on. Is he going to a specific home or just another rescue centre but in Bucharest?
He is going to the mother of his owner. He's Danny's partner's dog. Sadly they could not take him with them. Bless 'em they thought they could land in UK, with dawg and just find a flat and a job no problem! Well on the plus side they've been there just 6 days and Danny has already secured a job in a big restaurant in London and starts on Friday and Maria has a hopeful sounding interview tomorrow (her sister works in a Jamie Oliver Restaurant in London).

So he has gone to Bucharest to live with her mum. She hopes to get him back one day (but I sure as hell won't be shipping him lol!)

They showed a lot more responsibility towards this dog they rescued (they are under 25s) than a lot of senior Brits do when they leave the island and leave the strays they took in for years behind. That's why I agreed to help them. Maria has been crying for a week! They transferred to my bank the exact amount needed for flight and boarding (I had change actually so gave it to Lucia to help her with missing a day's work today!)

They really are the most likeable couple. My Martin (who has met and liked them) said they could go stay with him and he'd show them round Bath and they'd probably get work there but looks like they will be OK in London.

I've told dear old Mosque Keeper Suliman if he's got any mates as good as he is - show them Danny's flat lol! (I had Bulgarian Eva lined up but her landlord won't release her early from her agreement). Here he is with his 'mummy' - I posted this pic of him at Xmas wearing Jen's Antlers

And here's Danny (his daddy) in a pic from the local rag last year showing his excellent customer service lol!

Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2014, 11:28 AM
Little update - he has been collected from Bucharest airport but as all roads to outlying areas are closed on account of the blizzards, he now has to stay with the guy who collected him for a few days until the roads open and he can drive him to Maria's mum's. Poor Diamond - he's really been shoved from pillar to post the last week or so and now still not going to his permanent new home just yet.

Danny assures me that this guy is one of his best friends and will be nice to the dog.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-01-2014, 11:55 AM
Like you say they have showed a lot of responsibility towards this poor dog. Very sad they weren't able to take him with them, but he has a new mummy now, and fingers crossed the weather will let her meet up with him very soon.
You've done a fantastic job as well Pat, guiding them through all the pitfalls, and its lovely to hear they already have interviews and jobs in the offing.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-01-2014, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
They showed a lot more responsibility towards this dog they rescued (they are under 25s) than a lot of senior Brits do when they leave the island and leave the strays they took in for years behind.
Hi Tang, I often talk about the attitude of under 25's in Britain and how it is so differeent to the same age group in Europe especially Eastern Europe. Here in CZ if you want good service in shops always look for the younger shop assistants.

I think it has a lot to do with the regime changes, it took a long time for communism to die and the young really appreciate that you have to pay your way and act responsibly. How different from the attitude of so many school leavers in Britain (Yes not all of them it's true, some are very very good and hard working but walking around any town centre these days is so depressing where the young are concerned)

It's sad that even some of the older Brits in places like Cyprus & Spain often don't have this mentality.

You have acted beyond the call of duty in this as well so a big pat on the back to you The only thing which I would have liked to see is that they opted for Bath rather than London, if they stay in London it's not very likely they will ever have the facilities to keep a dog, well not in the short number of years that he will live (Say 10 max from now)
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2014, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Hi Tang, I often talk about the attitude of under 25's in Britain and how it is so differeent to the same age group in Europe especially Eastern Europe. Here in CZ if you want good service in shops always look for the younger shop assistants.

I think it has a lot to do with the regime changes, it took a long time for communism to die and the young really appreciate that you have to pay your way and act responsibly. How different from the attitude of so many school leavers in Britain (Yes not all of them it's true, some are very very good and hard working but walking around any town centre these days is so depressing where the young are concerned)

It's sad that even some of the older Brits in places like Cyprus & Spain often don't have this mentality.

You have acted beyond the call of duty in this as well so a big pat on the back to you The only thing which I would have liked to see is that they opted for Bath rather than London, if they stay in London it's not very likely they will ever have the facilities to keep a dog, well not in the short number of years that he will live (Say 10 max from now)
What you say mirrors what I am good by so many here. When I'm not on the dragged tablet I will respond further.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2014, 01:35 PM
Oh and thanks all for the kind words about me, but I couldn't live with myself if I didn't do all I could to help this dog having got to know him. Hell, I help dogs and other creatures I am never ever going to meet!

In this case they needed practical help not money. And someone with transport and who knew their way round the pet export system. Where to take them to at the cargo place and what was required regarding what goes with them.

Anyway Dan's mum is my good pal. But if she doesn't soon stop crying about Danny leaving and the poor dog I WILL kill her and have told her so!

In fact at one stage yesterday I said 'save your tears for the thousands of dogs that will be on the streets here this winter - this one is going to a home!'

But hey - this is the woman who cried all the way home from the boarding kennels when I collected Bella last time because it meant leaving the pup they'd put her with to comfort it alone! (Wanted us to take the pup as well lol! She's my dog's best mate's mum - I'm sure you won't be surprised to hear that!