Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
exotica
New Member!
Male 

15-03-2013, 11:52 PM

ONTARIo people someone called animal control i feel sick

so a spca officer showed up but he only took a few seconds and said my place looks great, dog looks great, food everything looks great. and left quick. He did take my name tho.

Anyone know why someone would do this? would it be an enemy? my dog is never left out in the cold. She has bad allergy and can only eat specail food with probiotics. She has her own doggy door. Shes beautiful though with an amazing coat that i always brush. Traffic stopping german shepherd czech bloodlines. Shes even got insurance. I just dont get why someone would do this?

She is very protective of the yard do you think that might of pissed someone off? Down the street from me someone got tied up and beaten up while they got robbed and its really close to where i am. So im not sure if it just a set up to get rid of my dog considering shes very real and protective.

OTher than that i dont know why someone would do it? Shes never been left out in the cold or mistreated shes almost always indoors.

I have a privacy fence also so you would have to get near my house and snoop to even see her and she would notice way before you did

just really strange

shes never been tied up the fence is six foot shes always exercised trained
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2013, 06:27 AM
Some people have nothing better to do with themselves.

Maybe if she is protective of the yard she barks when she hears something and they are assuming she is left out all of the time.

When my sister had a neighbour complain about her dogs barking she set up a sound recorder to monitor them (they didn't bark incessantly, only when someone went to the door) that way you could hear whether or not she is being noisy.

If the officer was happy with her situation I wouldn't worry, I am sure they will report their findings back to the informant.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2013, 07:07 AM
Originally Posted by exotica View Post
She is very protective of the yard do you think that might of pissed someone off? Down the street from me someone got tied up and beaten up while they got robbed and its really close to where i am. So im not sure if it just a set up to get rid of my dog considering shes very real and protective.
That would be my guess too. Start being aware of how much she barks when she's out there now and see if it's excessive and try to quieten her down. You obviously don't want to stop her, that's what they do these gsd's, mine is the same and I wouldn't want to stop her, BUT, I don't let her go on and on and oooooon, I let her do her bit, and then I tell her I'm taking over and she shuts up.

If you think this could be the reason, then I'd be inclined to curb it a bit, so that nothing else happens further on down the road, cos you just never know with people do you.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-03-2013, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by exotica View Post
Down the street from me someone got tied up and beaten up while they got robbed and its really close to where i am. So im not sure if it just a set up to get rid of my dog considering shes very real and protective.
My God you've been lucky, those robbers were almost certainly looking at your house but had to move on when they heard / saw your dog.

Please PLEASE go around and look at the security of your property and check everything, door locks, fences, gates, and tell the police you might have been the robbers first target. They need to know what these scum were looking for even if they did ultimately break into another house.

Also, there are at least ten different dog barks, the one that says "There's danger approaching, get ready" is three sharp higher pitched barks followed by a pause and then repeated.

As Helena has said I've also found if you go out to the dog and put your arm round him and stroke him he will know that you're aware of the threat and you're alert, and usually he will stop barking then.

If any decent neighbour had a problem with your dog barking surely they would say something to you first, an anonymous call to the SPCA really does indicate to me that it was those thieves, and just think if it were not for your dog you could be in hospital or the mortuary now.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-03-2013, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I let her do her bit, and then I tell her I'm taking over and she shuts up.
That's the same with our two, it's really like they are passing the word up the command chain, once they know the message has been passed on they are stop.
exotica
New Member!
Male 

16-03-2013, 04:24 PM
thats another thing about my dog she needs to see it to believe it, she wont bark at noise she needs to see the person first and then bark

she has really strong nerve so the person would have to be near the fence or close to it for her to bark they need to snoop around

People around me i have a good relationship with them and a double privacy fence they have very expensive cars also so they like her around anyway

it just doesnt make sense its so wierd

For her to bug someone they would have to get so close i dont live in a area full of houses that are close to each other, people would have to come out of their way to deal with her
exotica
New Member!
Male 

16-03-2013, 04:38 PM
oh forgot to add my dog has a doggy door shes never left out alll the time only when she wants to go out which is once in a blue moon to use the bathroom ? She doesnt go out and sit there much at all and then i lock her dog door at night. Shes not much of an outdoor dog she rather sit inside or hang out with me do our thing and then go out when she has something to do. ALl her exercise comes from us leaving the property. So it makes no sense.

She does not like to be outdoors unless im with her. But if she hears something messing around the fence she will not bark she will first go and see what it is before she gets protective. Noises never make her bark. She just runs towards the noise to see what it is first. She comes from really strong police lines.