Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2012, 10:13 AM

The lady that transported Flower

Seems she wasn't right for Flower sadly

I guarded what I said in previous posts as I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt, but I did mention to the rescue that she seemed very eager to Rush things.

For instance when she last came with her children she had already been out and stocked up on Tripe, mince chicken and Chappie dry....(what Flower has here) but the rescue had already told her .....''we have a policy that we will not home a dog in Flowers state until she is 100% better''
She gave me the impression that was fine but was also very eager for me to phone and tell them that she could have her now as she wanted to introduce her to her 2 SBT's as soon as possible

I have just been told by one of the co-ordinators ....... she has put her name on another rescue dog from another rescue apparently the other rescue rang the rescue that are dealing with Flower asking what she is like before they do a home check....

How strange
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2012, 10:18 AM
How quickly she fell out of 'love' with flower poor girl is best off away from her if she is that fickle . Seems very odd behaviour, I hope they don't let her adopt any, she seems to just want 1 for the sake of it???
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2012, 10:59 AM
She certainly sounds of the fickle variety :S How is Flower doing? She looks happy in her pictures
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2012, 11:31 AM
Hah! The dog chose you.
I speak as one who has just rejoined the FFS myself, having seen a rehome go pearshaped.
You may as well lie back and enjoy it.
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-10-2012, 11:32 AM
She could have put her name down for the other dog before meeting flower.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2012, 01:40 PM
I have my fingers crossed for Flower, she looks so happy with you........
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2012, 01:46 PM
Perhaps she got the idea she was not going to get Flower so had to make another choice.

I know rescues have to be sure but some do leave a person up in the air wondering when for way too long. Not saying that happened here as I don't have a clue, but certainly when we looked at potential rescue dogs we had 3 promised to us before we actually brought Duncan home from a completely different rescue who actually treated us with some respect.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2012, 02:07 PM
Perhaps just someone who gets a bit too caught up in wanting to save dogs - I've seen quite a few people who've got so into rescuing that it borders on animal hoarding, or people who just seem to run on the excitement of getting a new pet but once that initial phase is over (I know she doesn't have Flower but if she's being delayed then the novelty may be wearing off) they seek out another pet to repeat it all.
We don't know her to know her motivation, but if she's passed on Flower's info and the rescue details it's not as if she's hiding it all. Maybe she just needs a polite word about it all to see how this other dog ties into things, is she applying for it instead of Flower, as well as Flower, before she met Flower, does she think they'll get along well, is it a good idea to get two new dogs at the same time, can she afford 4 dogs, etc. - I wouldn't necessarily say it rules her out completely, she could have genuine intentions.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2012, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
She certainly sounds of the fickle variety :S How is Flower doing? She looks happy in her pictures
Well atm she is playing 'fighting' with Tess and Mojo...not sure who is winning but a lot of noise she looks like a spiky bog brush too but the fur is coming on LOL
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Hah! The dog chose you.
I speak as one who has just rejoined the FFS myself, having seen a rehome go pearshaped.
You may as well lie back and enjoy it.
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm she is very settled....you'd think she'd lived here years
Originally Posted by Sosha View Post
She could have put her name down for the other dog before meeting flower.
No she did it yesterday
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
I have my fingers crossed for Flower, she looks so happy with you........
Hahahahahaha....yes Flower would possibly agree with your statement
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
Perhaps she got the idea she was not going to get Flower so had to make another choice.

I know rescues have to be sure but some do leave a person up in the air wondering when for way too long. Not saying that happened here as I don't have a clue, but certainly when we looked at potential rescue dogs we had 3 promised to us before we actually brought Duncan home from a completely different rescue who actually treated us with some respect.
Yes I thought that but she has been keeping in touch about her with one of the other ladies, so she knew she was in with a real good chance.
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Perhaps just someone who gets a bit too caught up in wanting to save dogs - I've seen quite a few people who've got so into rescuing that it borders on animal hoarding, or people who just seem to run on the excitement of getting a new pet but once that initial phase is over (I know she doesn't have Flower but if she's being delayed then the novelty may be wearing off) they seek out another pet to repeat it all.
We don't know her to know her motivation, but if she's passed on Flower's info and the rescue details it's not as if she's hiding it all. Maybe she just needs a polite word about it all to see how this other dog ties into things, is she applying for it instead of Flower, as well as Flower, before she met Flower, does she think they'll get along well, is it a good idea to get two new dogs at the same time, can she afford 4 dogs, etc. - I wouldn't necessarily say it rules her out completely, she could have genuine intentions.
ummmmm maybe, she did seem alot more interested when Flower was really poorly, then as Flower has got better it seemed to taper off.... the dog she has put her name on is poorly........wondered how that will go, as her 2 SBT's are not ill .... anyways obviously Flower was not meant to be
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Flower is exactly where she should be.....

....and you know it.....

x x
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >