View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-09-2012, 04:49 PM

Parents! I would like to pick your brains!

In a non-zombie way...

After school clubs, how much do they charge and for what activity?
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-09-2012, 05:34 PM
It depends on what you mean. Are they actually WITHIN school or clubs on different premises. At both my daughters schools they do activities ie science club, chess club, choir, football, gardening etc and all of these are free. However for the things like taekwondo, guides, etc they have a charge
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2012, 05:40 PM
Sam's school only has a few after school clubs -rounders, gymnastics, rounders, board games. Whether they will put any more on, I don't know. They seem to charge £10 per term.

My nephew's school has computing and sports clubs for his year (2) and there is no charge.

Helen
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Depends on the school and, I have to say it, on the catchment area. I know of one local to us that does a lot of "brought-in" after school clubs - and things like their science club (external company) are something like £25 a term - but it's pretty bangy-wooshy science stuff (let's not mention that for £25 a term I'd be expecting bangs, wooshes and Brian Cox...). That one is ALWAYS fully subscribed for both key stage sessions as well.

On the other hand - things like netball, football etc club are generally free - but they don't need to scrape together for transport since there are enough parents who go to fixtures that they can lift-share the team over there.

Other ones I know of usually just have the cost of the materials for things like cookery - often subsidised or economies of scale - so they're usually something like 50p or £1 a week max.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2012, 03:24 PM
You're in Surrey aren't you? Probably a lot where you are!

Not a parent but i find it depends on what the activity is, whether extra trained staff who do need to be payed need to be there for the activity.