Our sister sites
Our sister sites
BeagleBella
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-09-2012, 10:27 PM

Strange things....

Hi everyone.

I have just have two weeks off work, so have spent my whole time with Bella. This was my first week back as she has been so naughty! Like an 8 week puppy again. Chewing, biting, humping....just very odd and not like her.
She today has peed twice in the house which is not like her at all, and she didn't even ask to go out.

We have stared being a bit stricter. Staring training not to run o other dogs, getting her to use her bed rather than up on the couch with us (which is proving incredibly difficult). She has recently started chasing the cats so we are trying to stop this too. She also has began shaking in her sleep?

Could this be the change in routine? Or we have changed her wet food because she went through a stage of not eating! Or could it be because we are doing too much training?

I'm worried she is either stressed, or worse, something medical.

If it is stress/anxiety. How can I help? My oh is off this upcoming week which won't help with her 'regular' routine

Any help will be lovely xxx
marley123
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-09-2012, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by BeagleBella View Post
Hi everyone.

I have just have two weeks off work, so have spent my whole time with Bella. This was my first week back as she has been so naughty! Like an 8 week puppy again. Chewing, biting, humping....just very odd and not like her.
She today has peed twice in the house which is not like her at all, and she didn't even ask to go out.

We have stared being a bit stricter. Staring training not to run o other dogs, getting her to use her bed rather than up on the couch with us (which is proving incredibly difficult). She has recently started chasing the cats so we are trying to stop this too. She also has began shaking in her sleep?

Could this be the change in routine? Or we have changed her wet food because she went through a stage of not eating! Or could it be because we are doing too much training?

I'm worried she is either stressed, or worse, something medical.

If it is stress/anxiety. How can I help? My oh is off this upcoming week which won't help with her 'regular' routine

Any help will be lovely xxx
she could just be upset because she has had company for two weeks and is now alone again, also i dont know how old she is but could be adolesance, i must say though i dont like its when people let puppys on the sofa if they will be kept of when older
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2012, 07:42 AM
Her behaviour might be due to a complete change in routine, change in food, not being allowed on the couch, you being around all day for two weeks and suddenly lots of attention and training. Obviously it would be sensible to get her checked out at the vet to rule out any medical problems but if that proves clear, I would start to address her 'attention seeking' behaviour one step at a time.

If she is use to being allowed on the couch and suddenly it is out of bounds, is the couch/furniture out of bounds for the cats as well?
I know my dogs definitely 'put a show on' when they have an audience so some of the cat chasing could be happening as Bella has learnt that if she chases a cat, you will react.

I may be well of track here, but just a suggestion.

Good luck.