Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2005, 09:48 PM

First Job

What is the first job you had, that you were paid for? Was this the start of a whole career, or did you move on?

Mine was to work in the kitchens of a castle in Scotland that was a hotel/restaurant, working for a totally mad (and English) elderly couple. Once I had done the skivvying and waitressing, I hauled myself up to the minstrel's gallery and entertained the guests by playing flute sonata's.

And no, it wasn't the start of a career! However, it was the start of becoming a jack-of-all-trades!

Gill
mand p
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2005, 09:55 PM
I was a petrol pump assistant...I used to have to put petrol in cars. I got the sack though for filling up my friends motorbikes for free.....still thats what you get for paying someone a pound an hr
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-08-2005, 10:00 PM
mine was a milkman didn“t get a pound an hour though
lovestaffsblu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-08-2005, 11:09 PM
well I worked years helping mum and dad on farms, and when I was 13 the farmer gave me my own wage for doing a job. But my first "proper" job was a kitchen hand, and I stood in for the chef for a couple weeks too. I got £4.50p a hour, work 13hr days sometimes, but even tho I wasn`t a waitress they gave us all tips, so going home each night with £20+ was great
Chilli-Pepper
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-08-2005, 06:59 AM
I worked as a shampooist and general gofer on a saturday in a local salon, then went on to train as a hairdresser (my first weekly wage as a trainee was £9, by the time i qualified i was on £39 p/w not bad eh?? ), realised that it was not for me at the end of the training and trained as a nurse instead and have been ever since although I now only work a few hours a week now just to keep my registration.

:smt035
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

16-08-2005, 08:11 AM
First paid job was as Saturday girl for Woolies< first paid full time job was a clerk in insurance company but I moved on Went back to college & trained as a chef
Woofer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2005, 09:04 AM
Mine was a yts, in a clothing factory, i used to 27.50 a week plus my bus pass. I had to stand there all day cutting bits of cotton off clothes and then was moved to ironing all day every day, i hated it and i reckon thats why i hate ironing so much now, boring!!!!
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-08-2005, 11:19 AM
Carpentry YTS Scheme.
Spent most of the time sweeping up
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2005, 12:01 PM
my first joib dont laugh was a lift attendant in a large store going up lol
Gems