Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

26-05-2012, 11:54 PM

Are you enjoying this hot weather?

It's been absolutely boiling here

I'm missing go out for our walks, but also enjoying staying indoors in the cool

Hope you are all making the most of it - I doubt we'll have it long!
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-05-2012, 12:32 AM
yep, love it.

havent been missing any walks at all
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2012, 04:17 AM
Hot weather is only great if a) you are equipped to cope with it, and I do not have a/c at home and b) you are not working (I am).

Just come back from our walk, whilst it is still lovely and cool and the grass is wet.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2012, 05:58 AM
I really do not like it when it's very hot (for UK).

28 and 29 degrees, which we had last week, is naff for me. The dogs can't get walked at their usual times, and it completely puts all of us out.

Yesterday, on the other hand, was a totally gorgeous 24 degrees - beautiful sunshine, and the best bit - a really strong breeze (more of a wind really) which made the whole day just lush.

Lennon sunbathed for a while, and Baz and I did loads of gardening without losing buckets of fluid. Just perfect.

Apparently today is going to be the same - lush!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2012, 06:06 AM
It'll be hot here until Oct. Sometimes until Nov, Dec!

I do enjoy the hot weather (but the ideal would be 30deg and no humidity! It's the humidity that is a killer. When I was in the Caribbean it was around 28 all the time but the humidity was almost 100% and it felt worse than Cyprus in the 40 degs.

But I have aircon in all rooms in my home, and in my car and I do not have to 'go out' to work. I would never use the car if it didn't have aircon (who'd opt to step into an oven?) I do not stint on aircon in the dwelling and wouldn't even eat or shop in a place that didn't have it in high season. No way could I 'go out to work' in the high temps. I work part time from home sat under the aircon! I make full use of the pool outside - usually take a quick dip after every dog walk or excursion out during summer. Often go for a dip after midnight too - just cools you down nice before bed.

They say people 'acclimatise' to weather - I can only think the same thing is true of dogs - I read lots of posts stating that even 30deg is too hot to take a dog out - dogs still go out here when it's 40deg and hotter. It's 30 already.

Early morning and after sundown are of course the best times. But my dog still has to go out to pee even in the hottest middle part of the day. Bella loves the sunshine and sunbathes in it when I stay in because it's too hot. She hates the winter and the cold and wet.

Street dogs are out in it all the time. They survive, as do the cats.

And it never feels 'too hot and sticky' down at the beaches. Always breezy down there and even 20 metres inland feels hotter.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2012, 07:46 AM
I love it, we just don't get enough of it here and I hate the cold.
The dogs get walked early morning anyway, only difference is they don't get their afternoon walk, but instead all the doors are open so they can be indoors or in the garden whichever they prefer and they seem very happy with that arrangement.
I am saving a fortune on gas and electricity and my washing dries quickly and smells nice and fresh when it comes in.
Its been a long time coming this year and I bet it won't be here for long so I am certainly not going to moan about it.
Jeltz
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-05-2012, 07:59 AM
Loving it! Rosie got my old sandals last night so need to buy some new ones, but in all honesty I needed to any way!

Walks have been same as usual I do a lunch time one and an evening. The lunch ones have been rather hot and the evening ones have been lovely and warm.

Rosie is currently laid out in the sun, she doesn't seem to mind the heat too much.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2012, 08:11 AM
Yes and no. I do normally love the hot weather but at the moment being pregnant I'm getting hot and bothered easily!
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-05-2012, 08:18 AM
luckily their has been no humidity, its has been nice and breathable. i can always tell when their is humidity as i get asthma, but we had loads of humidity days during the 6 weeks of rain, when it was warm and wet at same time and no fresh air. that was a killer for me. i prefer winter rain when it is cold at the same time, as i can breath!

i have no choice but to walk afternoons, but i manage, i always find a cool and/or shaded and/or breezey spot somewhere. and a stream
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2012, 08:21 AM
Oh Kruse! I've just noticed your location - dullsville LOL!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >