Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2012, 02:03 PM

Pittsburg's Zombie dogs.

Nicole's watching fact things on Youtube and this one came up.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/11/ma...ction4-21.html

Scary! Creepy and a bit wrong
louise!
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2012, 12:11 PM
VERY wrong
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2012, 12:18 PM
Don't think it's wrong at all - the medical implications of this research, for both humans and other animals is astounding and will save untold numbers of lives.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2012, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
Don't think it's wrong at all - the medical implications of this research, for both humans and other animals is astounding and will save untold numbers of lives.
Hmm I suppose, it is interesting but it doesn't say what happened to the dogs that had the brain damage, the ones who survived or where they gained the dogs in the first place..

But I don't like zombies - so it's wrong.
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2012, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Hmm I suppose, it is interesting but it doesn't say what happened to the dogs that had the brain damage, the ones who survived or where they gained the dogs in the first place..

But I don't like zombies - so it's wrong.
At a guess I would probably say more tests to examine the extent of, and nature of, the brain damage, so that the researchers may try and figure out how to prevent it in the future.

Are you going to be having nightmares of zombie dogs coming to get you???

I'm pretty sure that something similar to this study has already been succesfully carried out in rodents.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2012, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
At a guess I would probably say more tests to examine the extent of, and nature of, the brain damage, so that the researchers may try and figure out how to prevent it in the future.

Are you going to be having nightmares of zombie dogs coming to get you???

I'm pretty sure that something similar to this study has already been succesfully carried out in rodents.
I'm such a girl about these things. I watched the first series of the walking dead with my OH and haven't watched it since because he's not there to work his guns and kill them all when they come after me. I didn't sleep in my room last night because Pennie was looking around as if she was watching someone walking about and then she started grumbling and barking.. so we slept downstairs..
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2012, 01:26 PM
The only thing that I'd stay out of my bedroom for would be a BIG SPIDER! It could have my room with pleasure!

I watch telly in bed but I don't 'do' horror films!
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2012, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I'm such a girl about these things. I watched the first series of the walking dead with my OH and haven't watched it since because he's not there to work his guns and kill them all when they come after me. I didn't sleep in my room last night because Pennie was looking around as if she was watching someone walking about and then she started grumbling and barking.. so we slept downstairs..
love it!!!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
The only thing that I'd stay out of my bedroom for would be a BIG SPIDER! It could have my room with pleasure!

Ha ha sorry this made me laugh! Only coz I can take pain, and scary films, but spiders! I made a girl about 13 laugh her head of the other day, as her mum had come back to visit work, and a spider ran out. No one had ever seen me move so fast, the girl thought it was haliorious!
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-05-2012, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post

Better hope they don't do any stem cell experiments involving growing extra limbs on dogs.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >