Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2005, 09:17 PM

Off to the vets

A friend of mine her mums friend has got a little dog a scottie dog. Well the lady who owns the dog thought hes anal glands were blocked cos she kept getting a horrible smell so she took him to the vet he looked at hes rear end saw there was a bit of poo on his fur the vet cut the fur off with the poo on it then he told the lady that will be £18.Please she could,nt belive it.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2005, 10:37 PM
I'm not surprised though. I have made a point of finding out as much as I can about pet care and taught myself how to do certain things, like microchipping and nail trimming, to cut down costs. Less stressful for the dog, too!

Gill
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-08-2005, 10:47 PM
Sorry Chelsea this woman took up the vets time and an appointment slot ..I have little sympathy I am afraid for someone who is not capable of checking their own dog over and finding such little things for themselves
Dogs should be checked over daily for any problems. This prevents minor things from becoming serious and gets the dog used to being handled. The poor dog could have had flys attacking its bottom
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2005, 11:40 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Sorry Chelsea this woman took up the vets time and an appointment slot ..I have little sympathy I am afraid for someone who is not capable of checking their own dog over and finding such little things for themselves
Dogs should be checked over daily for any problems. This prevents minor things from becoming serious and gets the dog used to being handled. The poor dog could have had flys attacking its bottom
Sorry Minihaha.I should of said this person is an old lady and she thinks the world of her little dog she would,nt let anythink happen to her dog thats why she took it to the vet and the poo was,t on hes bum for weeks if you,ve got a dog with long hair round its bum you have to check to make sure there clean but have a heart she is an old lady she takes the dog every where she goes she dos,nt like to leave him.He even goes up to bed with her she has got a nice little bed for him.
doggy mad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-08-2005, 08:06 AM
i think mini this was ment to be a funny little story you are ment to have a little giggle at it not take it so seriouslly
Meg
Supervisor

16-08-2005, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by doggy mad
i think mini this was ment to be a funny little story you are ment to have a little giggle at it not take it so seriouslly
Sorry Doggymad I have a different sort of humour and don't find the possibilities of dog being in discomfort a 'giggle' ...
Chelsea old lady or not, this does not prevent her from checking the dog has a clean bum and getting a groomer to clip the hair from that area if need be Maybe your Mum can suggest this to her friend
Sophie_24
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-08-2005, 10:13 AM
Minihaha i think you need to take a chillpill... LOL

I hardly think the dog was in any discomfort having a bit of poo in his hair...

And i dont think the vet is going to find her appointment a waste of time having charged £18 to snip a bit of fur!

I think the lady done the right thing taking him if in doubt see a vet after all they are the qualified ones! are'nt they?
Im sure if she had'nt of taken him and tried to diagnose him herself she would have been slated for doing something wrong.

So all in all its worth a 10 minute appointment and £18 to put an old ladys mind at rest!
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by doggy mad

Thanks doggy mad your right it was meant for a little giggle and also i felt a bit sorry for the lady costing £18. But as sophie said it put the ladys mind at rest.I think mini needs to get a life. LOL
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2005, 10:49 AM
I think mini needs to get a life. LOL
Minihaha i think you need to take a chillpill... LOL
Come on now guys, I don't log on here to read that sort of thing, let's be adults and accept that other people have other opinions and they are valid.

Gill
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered

16-08-2005, 11:08 AM
If you think about it, it is no fun, and can be very uncomfortable, for a dog to have faecal matter stuck to its bottom. It is no fun for a dog to get fly-strike. It is no fun for the owner to have a smelly dog. It is no fun for the owner to pay to have veterinary attention to something she could easily have attended to herself.

I fail to see the humour in the situation :smt017
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >