Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Georgia_Rio
New Member!
Female 

04-04-2012, 11:48 AM

Hello, im new on here!

Hello
Im new on here, so still trying to get used to it !

I have a 9 month old border collie called rio and she is great but have one problem..
When she was little a boxer had a pop at her and since then she doesnt really get on with big dogs! If they come running up to her she will bark at them and sometime snap.. but if they just walk past her she is fine! She is attending training at the moment, but my trainer has said she would benifit going on some social walks, or even a bigger doggy friend ..

Just wondering if there are any of you who go on social walks? Or even want to go on a walk? Or even have any advice?
I live in Camberley but can travel a little bit.

Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-04-2012, 12:07 PM
Welcome! I've had two volunteers for a bit of Rottweiler meet and greets so chances are good. There's also a meetup group - Bracknell active dog walkers that aren't too far - though you don't often see large dogs. They have a fairly regular walk in Bracknell forest Wednesday afternoons - then others round and about.
BeagleBella
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-04-2012, 12:23 PM
If you can't find social walks, try benefiting from taking the advantage out on a walk.

My pup got attacked the other night from a boxer, but luckily she doesn't seem TOO phased when it comes to other dogs.

If you see a person walking a big dog. Ask if there nice, and if you could try with some positive meets?

Good luck She is a lovely doggy x