Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2005, 11:18 AM

Canny Collar - Woo Hoo!!!!

I'm so excited I can't believe it. New smaller size canny collar works. Never had a better walk with Cassie. Waited til we got somewhere secure in the park and although she lay down and wouldn't get up when we first put it on, as soon as we started walking through the park, she was fine. Head up, prancing like a pony. Got all the way home over the narrow railway bridge and although she did manage to spin around twice, think that is just the habit.
Am in no doubt that after a few days she won't even bother trying. I really can't believe what a difference it's made!!!
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2005, 11:21 AM
aww well done im so glad the smaller size canny collar has worked for you im hoping mine should be here this week tired of being taken for a walk by the boys shiloh pulls so much its to much for me so hopefully when i get mine and start using them i can enjoy a walk much better
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2005, 11:21 AM
That is great news!! and gives me hope

what size did you end up getting??...can she slip out of it at all now??

I'm thinking about canny collars for my two after trying halti and the kumfi dogalter...

But I am worried that keena will be able to slip out of it as she can do that with any collar even if it is as tight as you can have it...

unfortunatly she is walked on a harness but she can even escape one of those too but it takes her a little more time so we felt safer with that, trouble is it just gives them 4x4 pulling power which doesn't help!...I am just worried that as tight as I could put on the canny collar that she could escape because she is a hodini and that would be awful.

Anyway!...I'm really pleased you are able to have a nice walk now
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2005, 11:26 AM
Thanks both of you. Ended up having to buy size 1 which is the smallest size they do and 2 sizes down from the recommended for her breed, but she is tiny. It really does make a difference. Still hooked it onto the halter for security but she couldn't get the nose loop off or the collar over her head and didn't even try after a couple of minutes. Tried to paw the nose loop off a few times but no joy...she is however sulking on my pillow on the bed but loads of treats should sort the sulky moo out!!!!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2005, 11:28 AM
lol

was the place that you got the collar from happy to exchange the sizes for you??...I hate that lots of places wont change them and you loose so much money trying things out...
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2005, 11:30 AM
www.ultimateanimals.co.uk
Never had any problems with them at all. Had to return it and include a pound coin for the postage for them to ship the replacement but had it back in a couple of days. Has to be in original package in new condition but they were fine. Buy loads from them and have never had any trouble!!!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2005, 11:53 AM
Thanks
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2005, 11:58 AM
h mysch

have a look at the way I attached brunos canny to his harness - in theory you should be able to do something similar with Keena - this way even if she gets it off her fac she cannot back out of it.....

its on
http://www.dogweb.co.uk/talkdogs/can...ollar+ruthlynn
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2005, 12:10 PM
that gives me hope too .. i bought a halti for tyson the other day 3 secs later it was on the floor full of teeth marks ! that was 9 quid up the spout ..lol ill def need to get me a canny collar just cant find one locally and am not sure on the sizes
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2005, 12:15 PM
[QUOTE=Brundog]h mysch

have a look at the way I attached brunos canny to his harness - in theory you should be able to do something similar with Keena - this way even if she gets it off her fac she cannot back out of it.....

its on
http://www.dogweb.co.uk/talkdogs/canny-collar-for-ruthlynn-sbt_15057.html?page=1&highlight=canny+collar+ruthl ynn[/QUOTE]

Thanks brundog I was thinking of something similar...It makes you feel much safer if they do slip it that they are still attatched!

Thanks for the link
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >