Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2012, 06:31 AM

Good morning to you! - Thursday!

Morning all,

Thursday is here........ shame I thought it had arrived 24 hours ago, but that’s my age, I guess.....

Off to see the dentist again today – two more appointments after this one and hopefully I’ll be sorted

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe

Today's gem:
If a mute kid swears does his mother wash his hands with soap?
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2012, 06:42 AM
Morning Vicki and all,
Just rushing out the door to work again. Good luck at the dentist Vicki and have a good day everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-01-2012, 06:51 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all.

Good luck at the dentist Vicki. I thought it was Thursday yesterday too.

Worn out today. What with up at 5 to see Gorden off yesterday then awake at 1 while he went off to overnight shift at SAMS. He must be exhausted too. He will be off to work soon after he arrives home. Sleep for me today I think. Visiting mum tonight.

Love the gme today. Have a good day all.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2012, 07:08 AM
Morning all!

I'm still in a grump about a letter received yesterday from the DWP to say that I now have another year to wait before I can draw me pension. To say I'm not best pleased is an understatement. I've decided that pensions are a myth and you don't really get them anyway - they just keep moving the goalposts until you pop ya clogs before you can ever get one. Of course, they've also moved the bus pass age as well so instead of getting one at the end of next year, it'll be another four years. I think I posted in jest about this yesterday - just shows, never tempt fate.

Well, that was my moan for today

Wrapped up well and to town today I think. I'm hoping that Rosie's new harness turns up before we go - I did think it would come yesterday, but no such luck. I'll feel a lot happier when it does come because the one she has now seems very stiff and I'm not happy with it at all (although it doesn't seem to bother her too much)

Ah well, coffee then get myself into hunter-gatherer mode to find and put all Rosie's toys (which she manages to take all over the house) away. Might manage to keep tidy for all of five minutes

Whatever you're all up to, 'ave a good 'un!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-01-2012, 07:30 AM

Morning Vicki, morning all - must be something in the air or summat as I, too, was convinced yesterday that it was Thursday.

Not sure what today will bring, but then I never am, am I!

Have a good Thursday and keep safe and warm.

Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2012, 07:34 AM
Morning Vicki, Bev, Lynn, Chris, grandma and everyone

Lol at you there Vicki, I did that the other week, but I lost a day not gained one (not good to gain one, when you're working!!!). You all sound so buuuuuusy, Bev's rushing out the door again, poor Gorden's being doing the day and night shift, and Chris you're rushing around playing hunter gatherer, and I'm sat here with nothing to do but drink me coffee and wait till it gets light out there.

Sorry to hear about that pension of yours Chris, I was very lucky, right on the cut off point, they only put me back 6 months and I got mine (for what it's worth!). Dave, however, being 10 years young, is in the same boat as you and he'll be in his nursing home before he gets his, but I probably won't care by then! I'm glad you put that bit in about yesterday's posting coz for a moment there, I thought I might have turned psychic with that bump on my head lol!

Same old same old here, still don't feel any different, but might pop down the doc's and pick up my mri results and take a look at my brain on the puter screen - how cool is that!!!! If you told someone 50 years ago that one day you would be able to see the insides of your body in front of you they just wouldn't have believed you would they!! Anyway, enough of that, I've gotta get dressed now!

Enjoy yours whatever you're up to
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-01-2012, 07:42 AM
Good Morning Vicki, Madmare, Lynn, Brierley, Malka, Helena and everyone else who comes along.

Hope your dentist appointment goes okay Vicki,

Hope work and housework all runs smoothly, Madmare and Brierley

Malka, love your little saying........ very true.

Lynn, go and get some kip before you see your mum. Here's hoping she is well ........

I have just finished another night shift. Just wish I knew when I was on days or nights Not in work now till Monday.... Nice long weekend. Going to see OH's dad again tonight in hospital. Hoping we see a little improvement.

Have a lovely day everyone.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-01-2012, 08:17 AM
'morning Vicki, 'morning all above,

Minus 10 last night and Baruska sleept outside all night as I've said many times we do try to persuade her to come in, but short of putting her collar on and dragging her in (Which she would resist with growls and worse ) we can't think how to get her in.

Have good day all of you out there

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Thursday is here........ shame I thought it had arrived 24 hours ago, but that’s my age, I guess.....
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Morning Vicki, morning all - must be something in the air or summat as I, too, was convinced yesterday that it was Thursday.

Well that makes three of us as I also thought yesterday was Thursday and I even circle'd the calendar that hangs on the kitchen wall for Thursday and crossed of Wednesday blush:
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2012, 08:25 AM
Morning Cuz xxx

Hope you have a swell day

Morning All................Chris I wouldn't moan if I was in your shoes, my letter told me that I had missed mine by 3 months over...however I can get it in 2017

You watch by 2017 (63yrs) they will of changed it again....ever get that feeling that your chasing Rainbows

Have a great day folks xxx
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2012, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Morning Cuz xxx

Hope you have a swell day

Morning All................Chris I wouldn't moan if I was in your shoes, my letter told me that I had missed mine by 3 months over...however I can get it in 2017

You watch by 2017 (63yrs) they will of changed it again....ever get that feeling that your chasing Rainbows

Have a great day folks xxx
Bang the same, but I miss it by four months. A real smack in the mouth really because we've both already retired so planning has been around the pension dates we had. Hopefully we can stretch the already stretched funds, if not, it'll be back to work. Mind you, in a high unemployment areas, I don't know who would employ two old codgers like us.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >