Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 06:09 PM

How Not To Impress Your new Boss

This is my 3rd week in my new job and at the beginning of the second week I went down with a bad cold and high tempreture, I continued working through it and after a couple of days the tempreture subsided but I got really chesty and weezy so Monday I went to the doctors and she said I had a bad chest infection and put me on the stronger strength Amoxcillian (sp).
The last couple of nights I have had to stay sitting up as I just couldn't breathe and yesterday it also got extremely painful to breathe. This morning i went off to work as normal at 6.40 am and done 3 people but I felt so weak I had to phone in and say I was going home.
I have just got back from the doctors again and she said I have pleurisy and has put me on a double antibiotic and steroids and said rest and to stay off work till I feel better. So I have phoned work and told them I will be off the rest of this week. They were lovely about it even though they are so short staffed at the moment, but I feel so guilty letting them down and it must look bad to start a job and then go sick.
I havn't even had a cold for 2 years and as soon as I start a new job I get ill. Typical talk about bad timing.
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 06:32 PM
Oh no - poor you hope you get well soon
{{hugs n flobbery licks}} for a speedy recovery
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 06:36 PM
Hope you feel better soon Bev
It's often the way, new job, different people, different environment, thats when you seem to pick up all the bugs.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 07:28 PM
Oh dear Bev, but at least they sound understanding. Let's hope you get better soon and can get back on your feet by Monday. My best friend suffers with this pleurisy, she gets terrified when there's a cold going around coz if it gets on her chest, she's had it. She says it's very painful too All the best for a speedy recovery.xxx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-10-2011, 07:35 PM
Hi Bev, hope you get over this soon, as mentioned above it's my opinion that a new job often puts you in situations where you can 'pick up' nasties in the air and you must meet a lot of different people in the course of your work, some of the 'customers' might well be ill themselves so it's an occupational hazard for you I think.

I'm glad that your employer has been understanding about it, and it sounds like you're getting well into the job now and I hope you're enjoying it.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-10-2011, 07:41 PM
Poor you, Bev - sending lots and lots of special healing {{{{{vibes}}}}} and Pereg sends her very special tailwags xx
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 07:50 PM
Bev, trust me, you go round to your oldies full of cold or wheezing and they'll either be worrying about you, be angry those nasty people are making you work when you're so ill or will worry you'll give it to them (they never think that actually we get more germs from them lol).

So, don't feel guilty.

Remember, you can't care for others if you don't care for yourself first! *hugs*
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 07:58 PM
Hugs and the slobbery kisses from me and the dogs - the latter more the dogs

Get well soon Bev!

x x x
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 08:12 PM
I hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Hon, if you are ill then it's not like you did it on purpose. Pleurisy is nothing to laugh about and the last thing you want is to be giving it to the Oldies you help. So take the time, relax, don't worry too much and concentrate on getting better.

Remember your health comes first!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >