Our sister sites
Our sister sites
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 07:26 AM

Temporary new addition

Well, what a weekend we have had.

My partners son was involved in a motorcycle accident on Saturday morning (with his ex as pillion), writing off his bike, Yamaha R1, and requiring emergency surgery to a compound fracture of his femur, an old man reversed out of his drive right in front of him, Adam swerved to avoid the car and hit a bollard, he is going to be in the hospital for at least two weeks so we are looking after his young dog, Alfie.

He is only about 9 months old but quite a big dog, his mother was a Ridgeback x Rottie and his father an American Bulldog. Adam bought him about three months ago from someone who was mistreating him, the second one out of the litter that Adam has bought to get away from bad owners (his ex partner has the first one!)

Yesterday was the first time that he has met our dogs and the meeting wasn't too bad at all, we are just having to watch the food issue, as these dogs are not used to each other I think it prudent to feed them separately.

Last night he had his first experience with a dogmatic - he wasn't keen at first but after about 15 mins he got the idea and by the end of the walk was walking lovely. I have very bad arthritis in my hands and can't grip well so pulling dogs are not an option!

Our dogs sleep upstairs but we didn't want Alfie getting on the bed, he's so big there just wouldn't be room for us as well, so he spent the night in the extension, with Cody in the kitchen so they could see each other, by 12.15 Cody had had enough and was in his bed howling like mad so I crept down and very quietly opened the door for him, Alfie never bothered at all.

Pictures to follow (when I put some new batteries in my camera!)
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 08:01 AM
Awww sounds like he's settling in well He sounds gorgeous, can't wait to see photos!
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 09:09 AM
I hope everyone recovers from the accident!

He does sound to be adapting well, I am sure you won't have a problem with him

Looking forward to pics, sounds like a strange mix!
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 09:26 AM
Sorry to hear about your partners son, I hope he make a good recovery...

Glad he is settling in well! Can't wait for pictures.
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 09:26 AM
That is my pet hate people reversing out of driveways especially onto main roads then you get the funny look coz they pulled into you. Hope everyone is okay.
Can't wait to see the pics =]
ATD x
*Lorraine*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-10-2011, 09:31 AM
That was exactly what killed my o.h instantly.
My pet hate too.
lisamaria
New Member!
Female 

17-10-2011, 09:46 AM
hope your son gets better soon, my husband broke his femur nearly 4 years ago now in a motor crossing accident!
Can i just say what a thoughtful son you have to have rescued not 1 but 2 of the pups, you must be very proud! x
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-10-2011, 09:55 AM
Sorry to hear about the accident and hope Adam recovers well - and good for you for taking in his dog. Like others I cannot wait to see photos!

Lorraine - deepest condolences. The same thing happened to a neighbour's son and daughter-in-law who was riding pillion, leaving two little ones the grandparents were babysitting, and the family never got over it.