Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2011, 02:08 PM

Are dogs affected by full moons?

Or implending full moons (tomorrow).

Do you notice a change in the behaviour of your dog as the full moon approaches.

I am having a disagreement with my husband at the moment over whether it does or not. So he says ask!
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2011, 02:27 PM
YES!!! Jess changes with the full moon. She kind of goes mad (it's really lovely to see as she goes all puppylike).

Harley doesn't get affected by it though.
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2011, 02:30 PM
i wonder if this is why phoebe only does zoomies every now and again. ive never thought its the moon. may have to keep an eye on it and see if theres a pattern
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2011, 02:35 PM
Rolo has been behaving a little different the last couple of days, and hubby has been blaming the full moon, just a little more into things than previously, that kind of thing.

This morning he ran off after i had just left hubby with him and ruby and come in to bring the little children in first, well just unloaded baby from pushchair and shoes off toddler when hubby comes to back gate with ruby to say rolo had run off and he didnt know where. So i bring ruby in and reload baby in pushchair, shoes on my and toddler and go out the front door to find hubby coming round front of house and past to then hear him say 'Rolo come here you naughty boy' and rolo coming round the other way which involved a pavement walk along a minor road.

In he came, and hubby says it is cos of the full moon tomorrow, i think it is cos hubby took the eye off the ball, he hasnt done it with me the last few times, so now have the long line found and ready for later!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-11-2011, 04:11 PM
I have never noticed any difference in Pereg's behaviour at any phase of the moon, but some people on a canine epilepsy forum insist that their dogs tend to have seizures on or around the full moon.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-11-2011, 04:17 PM
Not sure about the dogs but ask any hospital worker and they will tell you the full moon brings out strangness in people ...
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2011, 04:38 PM
I've looked into this but these doesn't seem to be any evidence that it does. However I reckon werewolf tales must come from somewhere and there is some anecdotal evidence for it.

I don't think affects Cain, he's a git all the time But I absolutely swear that it affect Moon. He was a very laid back sort of dog, but we noticed that on the two days leading up to a full Moon he would be quite grumpy if other dogs didn't leave him alone. As soon as the moon was actually full, he was back to normal. But without fail he would be grumpy on the two days leading up to it....
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Don't know about my dogs but I never sleep well when the moons full........
STGSD
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-11-2011, 06:28 PM
Absolutely lol! Me and my friend have said about this several times before as when we'd walk our sheps together they were always far more hectic and rough with each other around the full moon!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-11-2011, 06:45 PM
No Chloe is a bit mad all the time regardless of the phases of the moon ..
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >