Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 09:24 AM

Grrr job centre sucks!!

They do!!

I am being signed onto a training thing with Sainsburys in the hope I may get a job at the end of it.

I was filling in the forms and were it said name I put my name which was clearly spelled and got a snooty response from one of the Job centre staff oh thats supposed to be. She patronised me "oh thats supposed to be your surname its just ive never heard of philipina as a surname
grrrrr-.-

I replied politely and said that the form says name and that it meant first name and the women sneared and said well we print a lot of forms and don't have time to check
grrrrrr

makes you wonder how many other errors their are in JC forms no wonder they miss payments from time to time and they all ways blame the client for mitakes.
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 09:31 AM
Lolololol gotta love the job centre, they told some I know that he could claim tax credits. He was unemployed with no kids. Its WORKING or CHILD tax credit...the clue is in the name there
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by K'Ehleyr View Post
Lolololol gotta love the job centre, they told some I know that he could claim tax credits. He was unemployed with no kids. Its WORKING or CHILD tax credit...the clue is in the name there
And these people are advising us on getting a job how can they? When they make basic mistakes that should never happen -.-
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-09-2011, 09:45 AM
Don't even get me started on the Job centre! I've never come into contact with such an unprofessional, unhelpful and dim organisation.

I'm thankful that I now employed and don't have to deal with them. Some people do actually want to be employed but struggle and it seems the job centre staff have no intention or interest in helping them. I was lucky that I was not one of these people or I have no doubt that I would still be unemployed.

And as for some of the staff's attitude towards the unemployed, it's disgusting. I was unemployed due to relocation, but there was this one woman who signed me on who looked right down her nose at everyone. She was horrible!

I hope you do get a job at the end of it pippam and then you wont have to deal with them!
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-09-2011, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post
And these people are advising us on getting a job how can they? When they make basic mistakes that should never happen -.-
The man that initially signed me on wasn't the brightest. He was a lovely man, but couldn't spell ( not even assistant) and couldn't work his computer either. I was helping him and telling him what to click on, he said I should get a job there
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by dog_geek View Post
Don't even get me started on the Job centre! I've never come into contact with such an unprofessional, unhelpful and dim organisation.

I'm thankful that I now employed and don't have to deal with them. Some people do actually want to be employed but struggle and it seems the job centre staff have no intention or interest in helping them. I was lucky that I was not one of these people or I have no doubt that I would still be unemployed.

And as for some of the staff's attitude towards the unemployed, it's disgusting. I was unemployed due to relocation, but there was this one woman who signed me on who looked right down her nose at everyone. She was horrible!

I hope you do get a job at the end of it pippam and then you wont have to deal with them!
Totally agree,
And it's the unemployed folk that keep them in a job!
They gave my son Luke some one elses signing on details including this mans NI number

They have tried to send him to job applications that are simply not viable for example a p/t job in cheltenham 16 hrs over 5 days 64 miles round trip on the bus per day,would have cost more in travel than he could earn
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-09-2011, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Totally agree,
And it's the unemployed folk that keep them in a job!
They gave my son Luke some one elses signing on details including this mans NI number

They have tried to send him to job applications that are simply not viable for example a p/t job in cheltenham 16 hrs over 5 days 64 miles round trip on the bus per day,would have cost more in travel than he could earn
they had me signing on in Torquay and I live in Norfolk!

They also tried to get me to apply for jobs like that where they were so far my travel costs would cost me most of my earnings and some cases my travel expenses out weighed my wages....where's the sense?
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 12:02 PM
Job centre are about as much use as a chocolate teapot. They kept trying to get me to apply for jobs that required a driving license and having a go at me when I refused. I'm not allowed to drive due to my seizures! No matter how many times I told them this they'd threaten to stop my money because I apparently "wasn't following the rules".
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 12:17 PM
They've sent me to this recriutment agency and I love it - I'm getting all the help I need and I'm not going in just once every two weeks for them to make me sign something without looking in the booklet that says what I've been doing for work - I haven't written in it since June

I still have to go in despite not getting any payment because apparently me and my OH are one person and we now live in the 1950's where he has to look after me... Even the agency can't believe they aren't paying me and they've said they've never come across it any more..
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by dog_geek View Post
they had me signing on in Torquay and I live in Norfolk!

They also tried to get me to apply for jobs like that where they were so far my travel costs would cost me most of my earnings and some cases my travel expenses out weighed my wages....where's the sense?
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
Job centre are about as much use as a chocolate teapot. They kept trying to get me to apply for jobs that required a driving license and having a go at me when I refused. I'm not allowed to drive due to my seizures! No matter how many times I told them this they'd threaten to stop my money because I apparently "wasn't following the rules".

This is what I like about the agency - the one I'm at sends you home with a list that they've printed off based on your searches, some envelopes and if you can't get there by bus or it would cost you a lot to get there then you don't have to apply.. But I have been signing on for a year so depending on how long you've been there, you may get sent on the work programme or not..

Oh and another point against them - my previous employer wasn't paying me and you have to hand in wage slips.. they had a go at me and stopped my money because I wasn't handing them in - I can't hand in what I haven't got and they didn't take the employer off the system and during a search today I found that the same employer was advertising for more jobs so not only am I going to email them saying they still owe me £400, I am going to have words with the JC for letting them advertise!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >