Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rose6
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-08-2011, 08:40 PM

Our dear Shasa

I'm new to the site only joining in May this year when our dear little dog became ill.

Shasa started life in really bad circumstances 12 years ago. Her mother (a whippet cross) was abandoned whilst pregnant and was first spotted scavenging for food by two ladies in Rhos-on-Sea. They followed her to an empty house and there found she had made a home in pampas grass where she was caring for NINE puppies. All ten of them were taken to a shelter and by the time I got to hear of them the mother and seven puppies had been homed. We went to see the remaining two - Shasa and her little brother. She was huddled in a corner with her brother climbing all over her and it was love at first sight. She was the runt of the litter and had to stay with her mother for an extra week to gain more weight and strength. Coincidentally, her mother was homed in the same village where we lived.

At the time we had two other dogs - mother (Misstee, a alsation/collie cross) and daughter (Sandy, who was sandy coloured and looked nothing like her mother!) As they were then 14years and 13years old respectively, we didn't think they would live much longer, hence the reason for our wanting another puppy.

Shasa arrived home and quickly asserted her authority over the other two. She would pick up one of their toys and run off with it causing them to chase her. She gave them a new lease of life and they lived to 17 years and 15 years old.
She was wonderful with children but was a useless guard dog, only barking if she saw another animal. The postman dropped letters on her head as she sat by the front door, nothing like the other two who would go wild when he came near.

When Misstee and Sandy died, she developed a funny little routine each morning. We'd let her out first thing, she'd come back in and we'd have two biscuits ready for her. We'd throw them both into the hallway and she'd grab one and fling it in the air then jump on it and eat it. Then very sedately just eat the other one. It made us laugh each morning and start the day off with a smile.

She'd always need to know where we were in the house and walk into a room to check up on us and, being satisfied we hadn't sneaked out and left her, go back to her bed again.

She had a fetish for tissues. If we went out for any length of time we'd come back to find she'd been in the bins and torn up tissues all over the floor. It made us very tidy! Still that was better than the underwear she'd pinch off the floor or from the washing baskets and tear to shreds when she was a pup!
We do miss that dear little face peeping around the door, the greeting she'd give us when we arrived home, and her funny little ways.

When I think back 12 years to her birth I am angered by the fact that some inconsiderate person abandoned her pregnant mother. At the same time I feel sorry for them as they have missed out on the joy that our dear little dog gave us.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2011, 08:48 PM
What a lovely tribute to your little dog. Much loved & clearly much missed. Hugs xx

Run wild, run free little one.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2011, 05:36 AM
So sorry for your loss.... Shasha sounds like she was such a perfect companion.....

*Hugs* xx
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-08-2011, 06:49 AM
So sorry to hear about your loss, Shasa sounded absolutely wonderful and I know that you will miss her so much. Keep thinking about the great times you had with her... run free at the bridge Shasa. xxx
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2011, 12:08 PM
So sorry for your loss, Run free Shasa
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2011, 07:35 PM
Such a heart-warming story about a very lucky girl.

So very sorry for your very sad loss.
Run fast and free Shasa.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-08-2011, 12:31 PM
Rose , Shasa sounded a wonderful companion and it was a fortunate day when you found each other...

Sleep well Shasa sadly missed by all your friends ..
Rose6
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Thank you everyone for your support. It's been a month now since our little girl died and we still hurt badly. We may get another puppy as the house is too empty without a dog around. It's just finding the right one.

Rose xxx
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2011, 02:32 PM
Sleep peacfully Sasha you sound like you were such a character
Rose6
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-08-2011, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
Sleep peacfully Sasha you sound like you were such a character
She certainly was, Chris, and missed very much. I've posted photos of Shasa on "Your Dog's Pictures" forum.
xxx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >