Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2011, 04:26 PM

Can't wait to get back home...

...to my gorgeous doggies!

Been away 9 days now & am missing them like crazy It really hasn't helped that the BIL has been quite useless. He sent a text saying "Got a problem,Ruby not well" then when I text him back 2 minutes later he took forever to reply

Her face is all swollen, so I was the 1 to call the vets to make an appt for him to take her (I was in france at the time)even tho I'dleft him the number. He mailed me a pic of her, shes on antib's & metacam & needs an op to have at least 2 teeth out

He has also mailed me pics of the stuff Khal has chewed...stuff that I TOLD him not to leave out, even left notes lying everywhere giving him instructions (& the fact that he knows the general routine of the dogs as he lived there for a year) Khal has been in the living room & chewed the guinea pig hutch & bottle (very lucky the guinea pigs were untouched) the iron & several other bits.

I just cant wait to be back & hug all my babies.....24 hours & counting!!!!
lotsforus
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-08-2011, 04:31 PM
Omg you must be a nervous. Wreck I hate leaving my babies was bad enough last week when I left them for four days with my husband.
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2011, 04:40 PM
the bit that made me nervous was him saying just as we were leaving. Do they all come back when offlead?.....well sometimes Khal does & sometimes he doesn't, please dont let him or Sasi offlead. i then get a mail saying Khal ran over to some woman , her little dog & her toddler son & knocked the boy off his feet while trying to sniff their dog

Which part of NOT OFF LEAD did he not get!!!

I just feel that now, I would have been better off putting them in a family kennel...which I will do in future.I just didnt want to uproot Khal to somewhere different fter all the uprootin hes already had.
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2011, 03:00 PM
Yaaaay we're home but how half me animals are still alive is totally beyond me!

This is certainlyone mistake I will learn from!
pinkgunner
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Aaaaw, at least you're home now and they are safe!! Lol.

Truth is, nobody looks after our babies as well as we do as they all have there own little ways and things we do or dont do with them and some people just dont get it! xx
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Wait - did devil dog behave herself? - there's nothing about the devil dog?

I hate leaving mine - even overnight.. and I never leave him with the in-laws because they just can't handle him and don't listen to what I've told them.. I bet they all got hugs
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2011, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by pinkgunner View Post
Aaaaw, at least you're home now and they are safe!! Lol.

Truth is, nobody looks after our babies as well as we do as they all have there own little ways and things we do or dont do with them and some people just dont get it! xx
Never a truer word spoken Pink I guess I wouldnt have been so bothered if I hadnt have left precise instructions on eberything...guess am starting to chill out now I'm home....& there was me wondering why he wasnt here when we got home!

Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Wait - did devil dog behave herself? - there's nothing about the devil dog?

I hate leaving mine - even overnight.. and I never leave him with the in-laws because they just can't handle him and don't listen to what I've told them.. I bet they all got hugs
erm devil dog...wait for it, I mean my lil gorgeous girly (yes I did actually say that ) is acting very odd She jumped all over me & actually jumped into my arms when I let her out of her wee ridden/poo stained crate (now cleaned within an inch of its life)
But since then, now that everything has quietened down, everytime i go to stroke her she puts her ears back & ducks her head down , then lays down.I'm lay on the settee at the minute, shes on my feet, Ruby is directly under me & Khal is to the left of me..theyre all within stroking distance x
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by Rubster View Post
erm devil dog...wait for it, I mean my lil gorgeous girly (yes I did actually say that ) is acting very odd She jumped all over me & actually jumped into my arms when I let her out of her wee ridden/poo stained crate (now cleaned within an inch of its life)
But since then, now that everything has quietened down, everytime i go to stroke her she puts her ears back & ducks her head down , then lays down.I'm lay on the settee at the minute, shes on my feet, Ruby is directly under me & Khal is to the left of me..theyre all within stroking distance x
That doesn't sound good at all.. I suppose you'll be having strong words? Poor Devil Dog
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
That doesn't sound good at all.. I suppose you'll be having strong words? Poor Devil Dog
Strong words is an understatement..am fuming here, but am not going out to leave the dogs again just to have a go at him...ive had no text or anything from him regarding rubys medication for her mouth, no notes left or buger all!! I'll be at the vets tomorrow to pay her bill anyway & organise the op for her....you would thing he was 12..not 40!! Grrr
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-08-2011, 05:04 PM
Thank god they are all still in one piece by the sounds of it. Its really bad when you leave your beloved pets with someone that you trust and then find that your trust is misplaced. You will just have to come over for longer and bring them with you next time
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >