Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jayneh
New Member!
Female 

08-08-2011, 06:30 PM

Help and advise to rehome my dog

I need advise to find a safe site to rehome my dog. Hes an American Bulldog and want help and advise from genuine people
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2011, 06:37 PM
Hi, I am sorry to hear this have you tried the ABR?

http://www.abruk.co.uk/
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2011, 06:39 PM
Ask on the Dog Pages site. (google it without the space) It`s a main UK site for rescues.
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2011, 06:39 PM
i went through this myself a few months ago, its heartbreaking . thankfully a trainer took us on and ive managed to keep her.

I dont know where would be a good place to start, but ild avoid pre-loved, [a social network], e-pups ect.

Ild try the breed rescue, im sure there is one for american bulldogs, but also try the breed group rescues i contacted one called cain corso and mollesor breed rescue, an american bulldog would fit that catagory.

Do you mind me asking why you are rehoming your dog?
jayneh
New Member!
Female 

08-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Thank you so much for the replies its so hard to place ads as you dont know who is going to answer them.
Im having to rehome home Beau as after nearly four years hes become dominant over our oldest staffy who is ten, they had two very nast fights and had to take them to the vet with some horrible wounds. The vet also advised would be for the better as our old boy could not take another fight. I love my boys very much I have 2 staffs and a american bulldog and want them all to be safe and healthy. Beau is staying with a very good friend of ours untill I find him the loving home he deserves as i could not bear to put him in kennels.
We did find a home for him, we met the chap a few times went on a couple of walks thought we had found the perfect home, so we gave beau to him, turns out few weeks later he sold him on, so I tracked him down and got him back.
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2011, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by jayneh View Post
Thank you so much for the replies its so hard to place ads as you dont know who is going to answer them.
Im having to rehome home Beau as after nearly four years hes become dominant over our oldest staffy who is ten, they had two very nast fights and had to take them to the vet with some horrible wounds. The vet also advised would be for the better as our old boy could not take another fight. I love my boys very much I have 2 staffs and a american bulldog and want them all to be safe and healthy. Beau is staying with a very good friend of ours untill I find him the loving home he deserves as i could not bear to put him in kennels.
We did find a home for him, we met the chap a few times went on a couple of walks thought we had found the perfect home, so we gave beau to him, turns out few weeks later he sold him on, so I tracked him down and got him back.
good on you for getting him back. i had the same plan with phoebe to find my own. The rspca offered to take her (i volunteer for them) but no way was she being stuck in a kennel
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2011, 06:57 PM
You could try Dogsey's Private rehoming section.. that way anyone on here can look and maybe pass it on to other sites/forums and help you get him a good home
jayneh
New Member!
Female 

08-08-2011, 06:58 PM
I couldnt put him in a kennel, He is a big soffty normaly and loves his cuddles he would fret so much. I know they do a fantastic job but they have so many dogs to find homes for and because we have a friend who has offered him a foster home it make it alittle easier.
jayneh
New Member!
Female 

08-08-2011, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
You could try Dogsey's Private rehoming section.. that way anyone on here can look and maybe pass it on to other sites/forums and help you get him a good home
Thanks you im finding it a little difficult to find where to look on here. not used to these sites.
Mad Huskies
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Just googled breed rescues for the ABD and http://www.americanbulldogrescue.co.uk/ came up... dont know how good they are but generally breed rescues are better than shelters as they mostly foster out their dogs so no kennels lots of cuddles and usually rigerous homechecking! Hope you manage to find your boy a home, sad for you that you cant keep him.
Are they all neutered boys? Might that be an option to try to stop fights? Even if it doesnt stop fights at least then your sure hes not just gunna be used as a breeding machine!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >