View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 03:00 PM

Jintys stinky dinner and our RAW progress so far! And a QU!!

Jintys dinner today was sooooo smelly!

A mackeral fillet (with skin), prawn tails and veg.

Both fishy items were small in quantity which is why she had both!

Jinty is doing so well on the RAW, her poos are WAY better! No prolonged straining at all! She is full of energy and naughtiness and has a beautiful coat.

I LOVE preparing her dinners! <3

She has now had tripe (I buy the frozen blocks from P@H and smash it up with a hammer, and then bag into portions before freezing again - it smells like cow poo!) and liver, kidney and heart.

Everything is bagged in the freezer and easy to access.

She has:

- egg once a week (with ground shell)
- fish once a week (sardines, mackeral or tuna - am going to get white fish portions soon)
- chicken wing once a week
- tripe twice a week
- offal (liver or kidney) once a week
- meat (either mince or offcuts) once a week.

She also has bones 2 or 3 times a week.... but these aren't her dinner.

I dont 'prescribe' her dinners, I just prepare them the night before (getting stuff out the freezer). Its so simple.

I love RAW feeding my dog!

My mum has even began saving things like prawn tails for her! Bless!

QUESTION

Until now, Jin has been having her Burns mini bites for breakfast..... she rarely touches it these days...... shall I stop feeding her this? What shall I give her for breakfast instead? Am I ready to be taking on her nutrition alone????
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 03:08 PM
id say cut out the burns. get rid of it now, shes obviously doing fine on raw. give her mince meal, or chicken wings.

mine generally have a mince meal or tripe for breakfast, then bone 3 times a week for tea, and fish twice a week. the other one is a mince meal, and sunday is a roast dinner
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Oh - mince for breakfast is a great idea...... P@H sell a tripe mince too..... she could have mince (of beef, lamb or tripe) for breakfast, with her mushed veg of course.

Ever since I have mushed her veg, her poos arent multicoloured so she is obviously digesting them a bit better now!

If I give her mince for brekkie then I wont give her any mince dinners so she can have 2 fish meals a week instead of one......

Thanks for the help!

Think I will pop her to the vets tomorrow (we need more advocate anyway) and get her weighed..... we'll she if she gains, maintains or loses in a fortnight!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by TeflonsShadow View Post
Oh - mince for breakfast is a great idea...... P@H sell a tripe mince too..... she could have mince (of beef, lamb or tripe) for breakfast, with her mushed veg of course.

Ever since I have mushed her veg, her poos arent multicoloured so she is obviously digesting them a bit better now!

If I give her mince for brekkie then I wont give her any mince dinners so she can have 2 fish meals a week instead of one......

Thanks for the help!

Think I will pop her to the vets tomorrow (we need more advocate anyway) and get her weighed..... we'll she if she gains, maintains or loses in a fortnight!
when i bought those from pets at home, mine loved the rabbit dinner one which is chicken and rabbit. but i order from the suppliers now so dont buy prize choice.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Just so you're aware... P@H should sell tripe pieces to save you smashing it up (it's the same company that does them)

Sounds like you and Jin are doing brilliantly with raw though - well done
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
Just so you're aware... P@H should sell tripe pieces to save you smashing it up (it's the same company that does them)

Sounds like you and Jin are doing brilliantly with raw though - well done
No.... my P@H has a small freezer which has the blocks (of rabbit, tripe... beef and lamb I think), a few bags of mince and thats it really

I guess I could ask instore.... but I doubt they will get it in for little old me!

And thank you
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Rabbit is the only thing I won't feed Jin..... as I have rabbits. Sorry.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by TeflonsShadow View Post
No.... my P@H has a small freezer which has the blocks (of rabbit, tripe... beef and lamb I think), a few bags of mince and thats it really

I guess I could ask instore.... but I doubt they will get it in for little old me!

And thank you
You could always ask, as if you paid for it beforehand there's no reason why they shouldn't

Do you have any independant pet shops near to you? They quite often stock it

If you can't get it, I'm in Glos on 4th Sept and get you a couple of bags (if you have the freezer space) if you could meet us at the show (or I'm travelling to Stroud on the same day if that's closer)
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
You could always ask, as if you paid for it beforehand there's no reason why they shouldn't

Do you have any independant pet shops near to you? They quite often stock it

If you can't get it, I'm in Glos on 4th Sept and get you a couple of bags (if you have the freezer space) if you could meet us at the show (or I'm travelling to Stroud on the same day if that's closer)
Oooh, interesting! What size are the bags?

I am usally around so probably would be around on the 4th - no booked holidays or anything.

At the moment, Jinty has her own drawer in the freezer..... I need a bigger freezer!

Will nip to P@H tomorrow and ask first though.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 05:09 PM
Hmm could be a little light on bone.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >