View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2010, 10:46 AM

What should happen to people who arrange dog fights?

Hi,

There was a news report last night (Central News), http://www.itv.com/central-west/fullprogramme/ with a SBT who'd been involved in a dog fight. She's well on the way to recovery and will be rehomed (one thing the RSCPA has done well for once!).

But the report also shos pictures of when she was first found with horrific injuries and also shows a video of a dog fight.

Teh report runs (on the dog) from 8 minutes, 19 seconds into it, up until 10 minutes 20 seconds. The nasty piccies are around the 9 minutes, 15 seconds for those that don't want to see.

Personally, I think the scum who do this should be used in the same way and left for dead. The strung up out in the street for all to see so EVERYONE knows what sort of people they are.

Personally, I prefer dogs to people and it's things like this that have brought me to that conclusion.

Laura xx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2010, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
Hi,

There was a news report last night (Central News), http://www.itv.com/central-west/fullprogramme/ with a SBT who'd been involved in a dog fight. She's well on the way to recovery and will be rehomed (one thing the RSCPA has done well for once!).

But the report also shos pictures of when she was first found with horrific injuries and also shows a video of a dog fight.

Teh report runs (on the dog) from 8 minutes, 19 seconds into it, up until 10 minutes 20 seconds. The nasty piccies are around the 9 minutes, 15 seconds for those that don't want to see.

Personally, I think the scum who do this should be used in the same way and left for dead. The strung up out in the street for all to see so EVERYONE knows what sort of people they are.

Personally, I prefer dogs to people and it's things like this that have brought me to that conclusion.

Laura xx
can I ask you, what do you think the RSPCA has done well this time?
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2010, 01:37 PM
Hi,

Not so much what they've done maybe, but the dog concerned is now well ont he way to a full recovery (at least physically) and will be rehomed. They haven't already had her PTS and that isn't their intention for her.
Although I know what is seen and heard on TV isn't always the full story.

After they showed no interest in what happened to Yiannis, deliberately shooting 10 GSDs then having the gall to send foot canvassers to my door to ask for money, I have absolutely no faith in them at all.

I'm surprised that the dog in the news report wasn't put down as a matter of course purely because there are so many healthy SBTs who are PTS, through no fault of their own purely because of numbers. Here's a dog that would've cost a lot of money just to get her to this stage in her recovery.

Laura xx
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2010, 01:57 PM
maybe the rspca looked like they were doing good because the cameras were there.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2010, 04:18 PM
Banned from keeping animals for life - this extended to all members of their househild.
And I`d like to see a Register (as for child abuse) for animal abusers.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2010, 05:00 PM
People who arrange dog fights should be destroyed, and not humanely either.

And the rest of their family and friends banned from keeping any sort of animal for life and possibly sterilised permanently as well.

IMO.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Banned from keeping animals for life - this extended to all members of their househild.
Excellent idea. If only......
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2010, 05:05 PM
i'd love to see this happen but i know policing it would be the issue.

the register would be an excellent idea with the abusers identity made public too. name and shame them.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-02-2010, 11:38 PM
I agree and community service with a dog charity...not RSPCA though
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-02-2010, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
maybe the rspca looked like they were doing good because the cameras were there.
They're pretty good at that aren't they
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >