Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kimmy140501
New Member!
Female 

24-06-2011, 12:42 PM

I'm not sure whot to de re ellie

shes not settleing down and ha sstarted to hurt holly today i have had to talk to the rescue to try and find he a home on her own but i feal like im letting her down.the only good thing to come out of this is i now know im not gona get anougther dog as its making holly ill shes stoped eating agine for the 3rd time im just hopping that ellie will get a good home with no other pets as this seams to stress her out
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 01:20 PM
Hiya, sorry to hear your having problems with your doglets. Firstly why was the sbtx in kennels? You say shes a rescue dog, did you take your ss to meet her etc before you took her on?
When you say "hurt" holly how is she hurting her, is she pouncing or chewing or something else?
kimmy140501
New Member!
Female 

24-06-2011, 01:24 PM
shes was from a privet in home rescue and yes holly got to meat her first ellie has riped a hole in hollys ear today needing holly to ba at the vets at the moment so when holly come shome im gona have to keep the appart for hollys sake if nothing else. ellies story is she was left tied up in a field bye her previous owner for days if not weeks left in her own wee and poo witch has lead to her having a skin complanit witch hason going treatment
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 01:31 PM
So ellie was an abused dog with no boundaries or rules to adhere to. Firstly Id change her name & get her used to the name so responds to you better than she will with the name she has now.
You also need to start teaching her rules & boundaries so she knows when shes going too far.
Has your SS done anything back to ellie? Growled, snarled, snacked? Older dogs tend to show a pup or tell a pup when it is going too far.
Zuluandnaomi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-06-2011, 01:35 PM
How old is Ellie? How long have you had her for?
kimmy140501
New Member!
Female 

24-06-2011, 01:47 PM
ellies 14 munths had her just over 2 weeks hollys a wose of a dog and would rather run than fight hollys comming up for 7 now so not too old and not to young got to go pick he rup at 5 bless her cotton socks