Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Littlen
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-05-2011, 03:38 PM

Upset stomach

Hi everyone,

Dog was diagnosed with CDRM or some sort of neurological problem in the hind limbs and arthritis nearly 2 weeks ago. He had a GA and also was put on tablets, prevnicox and pardale. I started the pardale but he has never had the prevnicox yet and he started vomiting before I could start.

A day after the GA he had severe dia and vomiting. I stopped the pardale yet he still had v&d for a week. Vet suggested not giving any tablets at all for a week to see if it stops by himself as he is obviously very sensitive. Vomiting has stopped but still having dia. I am taking him to the vet tomorrow or saturday but have to wait for a quiet time as he gets very very stressed.

Surely one pardale couldnt cause all of this? Can a GA cause such symptoms?
He is an older dog, happy in himself, could he have caught something else?
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 05:53 PM
You poor thing, what a nightmare. I am sure that someone will be along shortly to give good advice, but this is really to my mind something that the Vet has to sort out.

He has suggested no tablets at all for a week, to see if the upset tummy clears up.........and you are seeing him in the next day or two, so presumably he will check temperature etc. to make sure than nothing else is going on. If all is well after that week, and you start the tablets again with the same result then you will know for sure that the tablets are to blame, and something else will have to be worked out.

I do feel for you, because it's a waiting game and is such a worry