Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
annegl
New Member!
Female 

25-05-2011, 09:13 AM

Chichester walks

Good morning to all! Ive been browsing the web looking for ideal walks for husband me and our dog near chichester(away there on holiday June/July) any ideas gratefully received.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2011, 09:28 AM
Chichester Ship Canal! It starts at a basin not far from the railway station and I think the whole walk is about 6 miles to the harbour. Goes through some lovely countryside, it was a favourite walk of mine when I lived on the south coast.

I usually did about a half then turned back, but once walked from the opposite end to the halfway point and went back - it's far too much to do the whole thing, unless you had someone to pick you up at the end and drive you home!

Kingley Vale - a few miles outside Chichester - is also highly recommended, if only for its rare yew tree forest. Then there's also Beacon Hill, an Iron Age hill fort not too far away, spectacular views from up there.
annegl
New Member!
Female 

25-05-2011, 09:40 AM
Thank you. Happy walking..
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Chichester Ship Canal! It starts at a basin not far from the railway station and I think the whole walk is about 6 miles to the harbour. Goes through some lovely countryside, it was a favourite walk of mine when I lived on the south coast.

I usually did about a half then turned back, but once walked from the opposite end to the halfway point and went back - it's far too much to do the whole thing, unless you had someone to pick you up at the end and drive you home!

Kingley Vale - a few miles outside Chichester - is also highly recommended, if only for its rare yew tree forest. Then there's also Beacon Hill, an Iron Age hill fort not too far away, spectacular views from up there.
marianne38
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-05-2011, 10:34 AM
Drive down to the Witterings, the beach there accepts dogs, and i have always found the other dogs very friendly.

The Witterings is only about 10 mins away from Chichester , the only thing is you have to pay for the car park, which I think is more than £ 5,00. But they toilets on the beach, free poo bags and water taps.

Marianne