View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-02-2011, 01:09 AM

Why do some breeders bother having websites.

Why do some breeders bother having websites.?.
Been a tad bored so been wondering around the old www and some british sites are so out of date showing litter from years ago as current,
just silly thing like that .
You look at sites from the US and they seem much more advanced and dare i say business like.
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 08:13 AM
Out of dates really bug me big time especially for when its something im looking for!

A site is great provided you can maintain and make it look neat and tidy but many of the sites i stumble across badly made very put together at the last minute without a second thought of the design. You have to be able to maintain a site once you put it up unfortunately most people arn't knowlagable on website design and it does take up some time scripting a site together i thin people just get bored and abandond them.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-02-2011, 10:45 AM
I've been looking at a fair few myself recently and my favoured breeder has a pretty rubbish website tbh but all the important information is on there even though the site looks very basic. However there are lots of very professional looking sites that have very little important information but have lots of pictures and a whole load of waffle about their precious little babies. While I love looking at cute puppy pics I'd prefer to see all the health test results etc.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 10:47 AM
Because they would rather be with their dogs than on the PC and therefore aren`t that PC literate?
Website software now is really user-friendly.. but then you`ve got to have the time and inclination to update it.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-02-2011, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I've been looking at a fair few myself recently and my favoured breeder has a pretty rubbish website tbh but all the important information is on there even though the site looks very basic. However there are lots of very professional looking sites that have very little important information but have lots of pictures and a whole load of waffle about their precious little babies. While I love looking at cute puppy pics I'd prefer to see all the health test results etc.
An up to date basic site would be better than a out of date flashy site ..
I was more worried about the lack of info than looks ...
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-02-2011, 10:54 AM
I think lack of real information is big problem on many sites tbh.
BullseyesTail
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-02-2011, 11:02 AM
The breeder of my dog died last year, sadly. But her site is still up and of the 3 dogs pictured - one is mine. The photo must have been taken 10 years ago, nearly!

I suppose not everyone has site building skills though or could pay for a professional to build a site! It's easier now than it would have been ten years ago (in the days of animated GIFs!)
Motley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-02-2011, 11:03 AM
bad websites make me so cross! marching neon ants and comic sans font i banish ye to the realms of the dark! lol

there are website packages now to suit all budgets and skill eg mr site, you need no skill and although it doesnt produce the most professional of sites i have seen some ok ones from it, considering the time and effort taken!
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Lack of breed specific info including health screening etc, lack of current or expected litters info, insufficient information/description of their dogs traits/personality etc, oh and the dreaded background music; all do my head in!
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Why does it seem no one puts puppy prices up too..
seems to be not the done thing.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >