Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-12-2010, 12:47 PM

Moral dilemma

Was Molly (Coronation Street) right to reveal the secret of baby jacks birth to Sally.

Why did she do it, for vengeance on Kevin, or to appease her conscience before death, or was it for baby jacks sake in the future,??

She has left a carnage for two families to deal with, the relationship was over (not to molly) so why not let the secret die with her.

My own views would be , she should have taken taken it to the grave and left well alone, left Tyrone to bring up the baby.

But now she has double broken Tyrone's heart, and will effect Kevin's family too.

Mind there is the morality of baby Jack knowing (in the future ) who his real father is I suppose.

I know its only a soap, and make beleive, but thought the subject was a good one for discussion.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2010, 12:50 PM
Maybe if she had not already told Tyrone that Jack was not his keeping the secret would have been better.However I think once she had started she had to follow through for Jack's sake and reveal all.

I know it is carnage for Kevin's family for for the sake of Jack the truth had to be known. He has two half-sisters that he deserves to know about and vice versa for them.....
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2010, 12:52 PM
..hmmm but she was a right b***h when she first came...so i reckon to be orrible.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2010, 12:52 PM
I dont think she should have told sally, if she knew she was dying she should have left it to kevin to tell. or tyrone to take over, either way nothing to do with her (now shes dead)

* i speak as someone who does NOT know who her father is! *
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

17-12-2010, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
..hmmm but she was a right b***h when she first came...so i reckon to be orrible.
My thoughts too, I dont think she was thinking of baby jack when she told Sally, I think she did it out of spite
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

17-12-2010, 01:11 PM
I think she was thinking of baby Jack tbh in her own warped way and I also think Sally had a right to know. Tyrone and Kevin already knew as did Pam and Bill so poor Sally being kept in the dark. Sally and Molly had become friends and I think she wanted Sally to step in and take charge, lets face it the weasel Kevin was never likely to come clean and why should Tyrone be stuck with someone else's kid by a wife who told him she didn't love him and the child wasn't his. It's a car crash but if I was Sally after giving Kevin a good pounding I would tell him he had to come clean to Tyrone and offer to bring up baby Jack with his sisters and his real Dad. I'm no saint but I think I could do it and as Molly isn't around it would actually be relatively easy and morally right.