Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2010, 04:13 PM

Trying/sampling dogs food

Does anyone ever eat their dogs food to see what it tastes like ( I know food is supposed to taste different to dogs and humans) and did you like any of it? I have always tried whatever food my dogs have been fed, including green tripe which was horrible. But I swear if Chappie was put between two slices of bread with some cucumber folk would think it was fish paste
Just wondered
Many thanks
Sorry if strange question
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
I have always tried whatever food my dogs have been fed, including green tripe which was horrible.
Well, you're still her to tell the tale at least! I've never eaten any of Max's dog food. I do give Max human meat, including hearts, which, before being vegetarian, I used to eat with him which Dave was disgusted by.

I used to eat cat kibble as a child though, that was quite nice

My boss told me the story of how his wife got fed up of making the sandwiches when they went out for the day. One day she gave him cat food sandwiches, just to see if he dare complain. After that he started making the sandwiches too!
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2010, 04:40 PM
That's funny
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2010, 04:52 PM
ewwww... no, i have never tried Jake's food. when i was younger i tried my dogs biscuits and those bacon sizzler things, but they were disgusting. never tried anything since then, especially not dog food... and especially not the wet stuff! Jake is fed raw now anyway so its a bit different since i eat most of the same things, just cooked rather than raw.
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Not tried any of my dogs food, but horse treats on the other hand!

Me and my friend like to sample them if they smell good, just to see if the taste matches, but I can assure you, it doesn't! They smell nice, but taste really bland!!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2010, 05:49 PM
NO the dogs are on raw meat and I am a veggie!!
But I do sample to guinea pigs and rabbits veg and fruit!!
Shani
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-10-2010, 08:20 PM
I haven't tried dog kibble, but now he's fed raw so I suppose I do, but i cook it first.

When I was a kid I tried fish food, It was horrable & gave me belly ache.

several yrs ago I had a house rabbit & NO I didn't eat that stuff either, ... I don't like salad stuff

When my sister was a toddler we visited one of our auntys & she had a pet cat, well Mam thought it was too quiet & looked for my little sister & found her at the cats bowl eating a raw fish ... bones & all!
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-10-2010, 09:19 AM
i always try the tray/pouch stuff if he turns his nose up at it which is usually folowed by a 'i dont blame you kid, thats disgusting!'

naturediet taste plasticy!

hes welcome to his raw chicken wings though, ill not be muching those (although a forkful of raw beef mince has never done me any harm ha!)
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2010, 11:23 AM
Thankyou for your great replies and funny stories
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2010, 11:30 AM
I was at a party years ago when the food ran out. I went into the kitchen & found the host spreading kit-e-kat on cream crackers.

But I've never tried dog/cat food on the grounds that if they like it & eat it, it's fine; if they don't, then I'll get them something else. But I don't suppose for one minute that humans taste in the same way that dogs do ~ I don't eat cow poo
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >