Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 01:20 PM

Just my luck really....

I have just put the plug in my telly and its blown giving me a nice electric shock... so now am in tears (shock) with no telly and feeling rather fragile!
But at least I have my laptop!!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Oh what a bummer - am sorry to hear that, things always have to go wrong right before christmas!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 01:26 PM
oh dear..have a hug (((hug))).

When you're feeling up to it, change the fuse in the plug on your TV and then try again (making sure it is switched off at the wall while you plug it back in). Hopefully it'll only have been the fuse that has blown and your telly will be ok.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 01:26 PM
Sorry to hear that Claire...when you're down you're down and everything goes wrong...I hope next year will be a bumper one to make up for everything you've gone through during 2010 xxx
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 01:39 PM
That's pants, last thing you need is an asbo tv , hope you're ok, i've used a wooden spoon to switch things on before when things have blown)just in case) x
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Isn't it always the way just before Xmas?!!
I'm glad you survived your electric shock!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
oh dear..have a hug (((hug))).

When you're feeling up to it, change the fuse in the plug on your TV and then try again (making sure it is switched off at the wall while you plug it back in). Hopefully it'll only have been the fuse that has blown and your telly will be ok.
I agree, if the TV was working and you just moved it it's 99% sure to be the fuse.

You can take a fuse from something that you don't use at the moment and replace that the next time you're in B&Q or Homebase.

Don't let it get you down it's only a dam fuse after all
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 07:15 PM
Thanks all, thankfully we have a spare, albeit smaller telly, I can use... The shock was horrible, as I plugged it in whomph it blew, I was shaky for awhile and could taste the burn too.... but I am a tough old bird so quite okay now!!

The plug was burnt off along with the end of the wire btw so will see if I have a spare plug and try to see if I can reattach a plug to wire tomorrow.... wish me luck!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-12-2010, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
The plug was burnt off along with the end of the wire btw so will see if I have a spare plug and try to see if I can reattach a plug to wire tomorrow.... wish me luck!!
Use the spare for now. When you've put a new plug on make sure you plug it into a switchable socket and that the switch is off, then plug it in (nothing will happen) then switch it on, use a wooden spoon handle or something if you want to be really safe.

From what you described above it could be a fault within the TV itself, that is more serious than just a fuse, it's strange the circuit breaker in the main consumer unit didn't cut the power to the sockets.

Was the TV working OK the last time you used it No funny burning smells comming from it
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 09:27 PM
You numpty

My dad accidently eletricuted my little sister - it was funny (it was a small one)

Hope you're ok though And just before christmas - roll on 2011
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >