Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2010, 12:06 AM

The subtle art of non-subtlety

Aka, how to handle unwanted attention, if you've got all the tact and grace of a bull in a chinashop, charging round on a floor made of ice, or you just happen to be me.

Whilst out enjoying a meal with a group of friends, and the person opposite you makes some random nice comment about your appearance, remember to act like you completely missed the poorly masked flerty undertones, what do you mean you missed them, oh, don't worry, it'll catch up to you in about 5 minutes.

When you finally do cotton on, remember not to let it show in the slightest.

When completely caught off guard by a direction in the conversation started by the person next to you, that leads the person opposite you to blurt out that they find you attractive, remember to as calmly and some what flippantly as possible, stop eating, say something like oh, ok, and than continue eating. Note, that reaction should happen automaticly

When later conversation turns to such subjects as relationships, make sure to clearly and firmly state that you're not interested in a relationship with anyone, male or female for that matter, and that you're happy with the uncomplicated life of a single, and you'd like to keep it that way, but friends are fine.

You think I'm joking, it really did go like that. I do kind of feel sorry for the guy though, perhaps if he put more time into actually finding out how I tick, he'd have realised what an error he would be making to try and get me off guard, and surrounded by other people.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2010, 06:07 AM
Men are never very good at this kind of thing, are they? Bless 'em.......

tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2010, 07:27 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Men are never very good at this kind of thing, are they? Bless 'em.......

I know, though I've got to say, when it comes to me at least, the direct approach is probably the best option. I'm one of those, if there's a point, then get to it, kinds of people.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2010, 07:45 AM
Sublety is vastly under-rated. But men are delicate flowers with easily damaged egos so tend to sidle up to any expression of affection in case they get slapped down, so be kind.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2010, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Sublety is vastly under-rated. But men are delicate flowers with easily damaged egos so tend to sidle up to any expression of affection in case they get slapped down, so be kind.
There wasn't much sidling going on then lol, though I do take your point. However, I do like to insure that no has been taken for an answer, and that, that decision is understood to be final.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2010, 02:09 PM
Too much mucking about for my liking, just say it how it is on both side !!!!