Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2010, 03:31 PM

Doggy Safe Banana and Choc Chip Cookies

Well, China is well and truly spoilt! I bought her (ok me , but she benefits!) a dog biscuit recipe book for xmas and have just gotten round to using it now!

Here is a recipe i adapted to use up some bananas that were over ripe!

150g Oats
50g Bran powder
100g Plain flour
3 Ripe bananas (recipe did say 2 grated carrots and 1 banana but we had some that were heading for the bin in a day or two so sub'd them in!)
A little Water
50ml Oil
Couple of handfuls of doggy choc drops!

basicalyl mix it all together after mashing the bananas. Pinch off small amounts to form into biscuits. Cook at 180 for 25 mins...

Et Voila!

esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2010, 06:17 PM
Wow, they look fab!!

The big question is - what did China think?!?
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2010, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
Wow, they look fab!!

The big question is - what did China think?!?
Thanks!

she was more than happy with them! she has had three so far and she is getting no more tonight!

i also made a batch with tuna and herbs last week and she loved them too! same mix but take out the banana and chocolate chips and add in a tin of tuna and about 3 tablespoons of mixed herbs.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2010, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
Thanks!

she was more than happy with them! she has had three so far and she is getting no more tonight!

i also made a batch with tuna and herbs last week and she loved them too! same mix but take out the banana and chocolate chips and add in a tin of tuna and about 3 tablespoons of mixed herbs.
Think I might have to look into making my own dog treats one day. I'm always looking for some that will be suitably sized for his treat ball and struggle to find suitable stuff in the shops.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2010, 08:25 PM
they are so quick and easy! and you can make them to any shape you like!
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Thanks for this recipe.

The rescue kennels our two came from are having their annual fun dog show on Sunday and I wanted to bake something they could sell to raise some money.

I doubled up the recipe and make them this afternoon, but made them with the carrots and bananas instead of just the bananas and got 72 treats. Tried them out on our two and they had three each and would have had more if I'd let them.

Going to make the same amount again tomorrow and bag them up, 6 to a bag and might suggest they sell for £1 a bag. And if I get some more bananas and carrots, will make a third batch. At least someone on our house likes my baking!