Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2010, 08:22 AM

Is your breed popular in your area?

Cooper is a Dalmatian, and although I know Dalmatians are fairly popular and most people know what they are, I have never seen another one in my town, not even sure if I have seen one in my county!
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2010, 08:26 AM
Well Ivan being a Leonberger is very rare where I live. There are a few xbreeds in the area but mainly bichons and shih tzus around here
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2010, 08:29 AM
Noob is the only Malamute round here but loads of BCs so Rock has company
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2010, 08:31 AM
No, in a word, I own the only two round here (English Setters) and haven't seen a (English) Pointer either. Now the breeder of my boys lived a 30 minute walk away, but now he has moved across to Suffolk, I know there are other English Setter owners in the county, but none round here... Codee's breeder lives two towns away and her siblings went all across the county.
English Setters were more popular round here years ago, as I lived near here when I was young and there were at least 6 in close vicinity, the numbers of pups born has declined apparently, not dramatically but certainly alot less than years ago, which is why they are hard to get in rescue....
But we do have the most gorgeous oldie Irish Setter round here!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2010, 08:32 AM
Yep - Lots of Collies
(Although they often have a bit of springer contaminating them down here )
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2010, 08:36 AM
I've only seen one other Akita in my area out walking although an unruly 9 month old brought it's owner to training a few weeks back.

Up until about 12 months ago I was certainly the only one around with GSDs. Now there seem to be GSDs everywhere - huskies and big malamutes too.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-08-2010, 08:43 AM
There's a couple of Boxers in my area, but the most common are Labs/Springer's/ mongrels/lurchers.

Also seeing a lot of Vizsla (sadly)
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2010, 08:43 AM
Nope, no other irish round here that I know of, there's a gorgeous gordon that's constantly being chased around a field near me by her owner-horrendous recall, typical setter!- but no others.
missy01
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-08-2010, 09:19 AM
i see a fair few Cavaliers when over he park, but mostly Staffs or Labs
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2010, 09:32 AM
I know of 1 other NI but in the area but never met him. There are alot more Husky/Mals around here then there used to be, most of which are pretty poor examples of the breed TBH. One Mal i saw looked more like a sammie x mal and one husky was tiny tiny and just didnt look quite right.

There are a good few lurchers round here and lots of greyhounds (most seem to be from rescues as well which is lovely to see) but the most common breeds are Staffies in the less well off areas and Westies in the more middle class areas.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »