Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vodkalass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-08-2010, 12:41 PM

Hormones?Menopause?

Think i could do with some help and advice please.
Im struggling constantly between been very very angry and wanting to just lay on the floor and cry. There isnt a in between emotion anymore. Its like constant pmt.
My periods have become very this year eratic and the hot flushes will come and stay for a few weeks then stop. Ive been to the drs had blood tests which were clear. ive had a basic scan which showed nothing and have to go to hosp in couple of weeks to have an internal one (joy). I cant sleep and im constantly snapping at anyone close enough. I had masive fall out with my angelic daughter last nite yes she wouldnt eat her tea-the way i reacted was well over the top. I can only remain calm after a few glasses of wine which isnt the answer. OH pointed out last night if i was one of the dogs he would be considering putting me down before i really hurt someone! Is this the menopause? im only 42.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-08-2010, 01:45 PM
When you had your blood test done did they not test for your hormone levels, it's a basic test and one doctors would normally request with your symptoms.
The intravaginal scan isn't anything to stress about either, I have a second one next week to see how things have changed. It could be menopause symptoms but you'd need a blood test to know. All I can say is if offered Hrt be vary wary as for me it gave me far more problems than it cured.
Vodkalass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-08-2010, 01:54 PM
The doctor just said the could'nt tell me if i was menopause by the blood tests they could just tell me if it wasnt anything else.
Feel awful all the time i explode then feel guilty. OH has no understanding at all i should be able to control myself hes tells me, wish i could.
Doesnt help when daughter is just on the verge of her teenage years and i keep seeing a little glimmer of the Kevin and Perrys every now and then.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

04-08-2010, 02:03 PM
Well if they tested the FSH levels they should be able to say one way or the other, so either they didn't test for FSH levels or the test was inconclusive. Perimenopause usually kicks in around 45 but there are no hard and fast rules mine appeared at 49 and 6 years on I still have symptoms, irratic flooding bleeds being the main one. Clearly something is going on for you to have the symptoms you do and be referred for a scan. Sometimes you do have to keep on and on at the doctor to get anywhere though.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2010, 02:10 PM
I've been like that since I was 40 and I'm now 47...the only difference is that I don't get the anger, I just cry a lot and am very sensitive to what people say...plus I have put on lots of weight which just won't shift.

I've also had the blood tests and scans, (internal and external), my docs have told me I'm peri-menopausal which means your body is getting ready for it but not ready just yet.

There are lots of products on the market that are supposed to bring some relief, I haven't found one yet but wish you all the best xx
Vodkalass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Thank you so much for the advice knowing im not alone helps. Nobody seems to talk about these things. None of my friends have any experience of it and not even my older siblings. The drs just said the blood tests were clear no futher action required. The scan is middle of aug suppose i shall wait and see. Its people they just iritate me its funny cos the dogs can do anything and its fine.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

04-08-2010, 02:32 PM
It's not all doom and gloom though, interrogate your doctor. I find the best thing to do is go in with a load of info I've found on the net and ask him if he thinks it will help. Mine offered me hrt which I took for about a year and stopped because the bleeding was awful and previously I had no bleeding but it did get rid to the night sweats, hot flushes etc. I'm a glass half full person and a bit stroppy so wasn't going to be beaten by some flippin hormones. When I stopped the hrt though the bleeding just got worse and worse as the hrt had caused fibroids that I was completely unaware of to grow rapidly. I'm still dealing with that aspect and have now got the bleeding under control with tranexamic acid which I have to take every day until they decide what to do about the fibroids, I haven't made it easy for them though because I'm anti the surgical option. In hindsight I think I would have been far more pushy and demanded action sooner rather than later, I've suffered more than I should have but that's partly my own fault. I shouldn't have adopted the wait and see option that my doctor advised and he now accepts we need to resolve it asap.