Our sister sites
AmyH-Cornwall
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-06-2010, 09:13 PM

What a rubbish day!! :-(

Hi all

Really rubbish day all round today....

To start off with I haven't been feeling well at all, then it has rained ALL day, and then I find out I have to work part-time at work

I work in the construction industry doing Admin & Accounts and we literally have no work at the moment so it is either make savings on wages etc or pretty much go under!

I really don't know what to do though, were I work at the moment is perfect with Monty i.e coming home at lunch etc! Things are pretty tight at home at the moment and if I don't get another part-time job ASAP I really don't know what me and OH will do!!

I am only 22 and not many employers like taking someone on so young, and my experience is self-taught really, apart from the accounts side - I am just finishing my 3rd year at college - Oh yeh I have two exams next week!!! Arrrggghhh!

Sorry for the depressing post, just feel really down!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 06:05 AM
Oh Amy, I'm sorry things are looking a bit grim at the moment.

I'm sure something will turn up, hon.

Sending you a huge hug x0x0x0x
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 06:51 AM
Sorry you had a bad day

I know what you mean about employers though, I am 23 and everyone seems to want someone slightly older, doesn't help that I look young as well.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 07:00 AM
Sorry you've had such a rubbish day hun.

I'm a believer in fate - you never know, the perfect additional part time job might be just around the corner.

Hugs x
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 07:11 AM
Heres hoping today is better for you, never nice when it is one of those days you wish you didn't have.
As Hali said you never know what is around the corner and it can open up new opportunities you didn't realise.
Sending you a hug from me and my lot xxxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 07:38 AM
So sorry your feeling down at the moment I know how you feel, my hubby lost all his overtime (they all did) and the bus garage he is at is now being sold up after being there since late 1940's, we had several months of dilema moneywise and its not a nice feeling. Fortunately we worked out a way through it and paid bills every fortnight instead of monthly...not the full amount just half and half I rang everyone and asked if they would allow me to do that, surprising how helpful they can all be sorting out payment plans for you, after all they want thier money so sorting out agreements with you is in thier best interests.

Hope you can get something have you tried abit of shop work or pub work, I did cleaning work for a while.

Best wishes hun our thoughts are with you Hugs and kisses xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 07:56 AM
I'm sorry to hear this. They have just made massive cuts at the college I work at and I've seen so many people in the same position as you. I really hope something else turns up for you really soon. Hugs to you. xxxxxx
AmyH-Cornwall
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-06-2010, 08:36 AM
Thanks everyone!

Feel a little better today, am going to sign on to some temp agencies today! I have done bar work before so I can try and get some work there if I don't find anything soon! (hopefully) and I am going to ring up next week about local caravan cleaning!

OH Leighton has told me not to worry, he is going to try and get some Saturday work! (he is a roofer) I feel bad though working less, and him working much more as he works soooo hard already!

Thanks for the advice on the bill paying Steph, am going to make some phonecalls this evening!

Least I have Monty to make me smile everyday!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 09:03 AM
I'm sorry things look horrible. Try to stay positive so you can concentrate on trying to turn things around. It's hard to think clearly when you're feeling really down. I hope things improve soon.
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better today. Chin up and good luck on the job hunting, I hope you get it sorted out soon. Keep smiling. x