Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Saz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2005, 07:30 PM

Makes me mad !!

my old neighbour has his old daughter stayin with him from time to time, i used to smile and be polite, now i can't look at her without wantin to shout at her because she was nasty about my dogs. Basically she saw my friends dogs which she bred herself. She mentioned how lovely the akitas were and told my friend to watch her dogs legs as my dogs would nip at them!!!!! both my friends dogs and my dogs get on brilliantly!!! What a silly uneducated woman!!! Makes of so angry! I told her my dogs were better than that. Tut.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2005, 07:34 PM
Let her see for herself how well they all get on - silly woman
Saz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2005, 07:54 PM
All dogs were together at the time. Ya can imagine the way she said it can't ya! Pointin at my dogs n lookin at em like they was ready to pounce on her!
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2005, 08:01 PM
Silly woman.

Was chatting to a guy the other day when I was walking Jas and he said to me what a nasty breed the stafford was. I laffed and said 'he's a stafford' and pointed at Jas. The guy laffed an appologised and said what a lovely dog Jas was. Some people are just too influenced by the media hype and stuff.

I wouldn't take any notice of her and still be polite to her.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2005, 08:29 PM
The funniest thing i have come across is when I was in the park with tara, she was 14weeks at the time, my pal was with me with her 14week old rottie paka, and woman came along with 2 collies took one look at our dogs playing, and literally ran back to her car. How can anyone be scared of 14 week old pups?
Saz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2005, 08:48 PM
I'm still polite to her, just in my head i'm calling her name lol ... Molidoodle, now thats funny!! I can imagin the woman runnin away. But most of the time its a shame, some people should be the judge themselve and approach any animal providing they have permission obviously, to let them find out themselves. My two pups are are well known in my town and are always approaif even when i let them know that my bitch is a bit nippy, because of her age, they still make a fuss. I suppose ya can't please everyone huh. Maybe one day these people will come round. Staffy, whilst out with my dogs, i get more elderly people than young or middle aged people, telling me that STB's are loving and great company!!! Mad innit!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-01-2005, 08:52 PM
I get that too at times. A lot of owners lift their dogs out of the way from Star.

Only last week a bichon frise attacked Star and Star ran away from it and the dogs owner looked at Star as if Star had gone for her dog.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2005, 09:02 PM
I get a lot of nasty comments about Teagan.
A lot of people will take a detour so they don't come near us

But if they actually came to talk to us, and said hi to her, they'd realise what a softy she is!

A little girl (about 1-2 years old) wanted to stroke her when she was about 6/7 months old.
Her mum asked me, and held her while she stroked Teagan.
The little girl was poking Teagan in the eyes, and pushing her fingers near her mouth and nose, and Teagan just sat there, then started to lick the little girls face!
The little girl was delighted, and so was I!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-01-2005, 09:25 PM
we get that with toby all because he is a big lad.
if they haven't got the time to find out if hes friendly i have now got to the stage that i haven't got the time or effort to show them hes a big baby.
some people won't learn no matter what effort you make to show them, each dog is different if any thing he's more likely to be bitten or snapped at by the little dogs than the other way round.
he doesn't care what size or sex a dog is his best mates at school range from a toy yorkie to a begale to a staffy he even trys to play with poms but we watch him so he doesn't hurt them.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2005, 09:31 PM
yeh i get that too, there is a woman round here with a puppy springer who gives me evils when i walk past with indie, tho i dont blame her cos indie doesnt like her dog yet she gets on fine with the other springers we have met, its just her.

my dad still thinks shes a baby mauling vicious dog, even tho hes met her tonnes of times and shes done nothin but jump on him and lick him
even my bro said she was a fighting dog and i tried to put him straight, dunno wot he thinks now.

some people r jus uneducated. makes my blood boil.
i take it as a personal insult when people say indie is dangerous cos of her breed.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >