Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2010, 06:45 PM

Lily and Tilly hit the show scene!

We all headed over to our local RSPCA for their dog show today. The rain threatened to spoil things but the sun put in an appearance eventually. Lily coped really well for her first show. Although everytime she met a german shepherd, she thought she was looking in a mirror! We entered a few novelty classes and did Tillys first obedience class of the year and to say was were terrible would be an understatement. The joys of owning a terrier!
The judge didnt seem to think much of a scraggly pair and we got chucked out of everything! Had Tilly entered in the best adult handler class but didnt hold out much hope after the obedience class, but the girl did good! Her healwork was faultless and she didnt take her eyes of me or leave my side. She walked away in 1st place. Thats my girl!!
The terriorists had a great time and Reckon Lily wants to go again, she wants to try and bring Tilly down a peg or two!

Tilly in action with OH's daughter.

Lily doing superb heelwork!

Lily in the ''wannabe wallaby'' class!

Lily in attack mode!

The girls in the line up!

Lily and Claire trying to influence the judge!

Tilly with her 1st place rosette.

Thanks for looking
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Well done girls looks like a really good day for everyone except the chap in pic no 6 who looks really bored
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by aliwin View Post
Well done girls looks like a really good day for everyone except the chap in pic no 6 who looks really bored
Lol. didnt notice that. Looks like he's about to take a bite out of Claires head!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Aww Bless Lovely pictures.....Glad Tilly came first Their both beautiful......Thanks for sharing x
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Brilliant photos Gerri!! (except for the dodgy looking bint in the 6th one!)

I love the one of Lily looking up at me in the ring there, but although we could have fooled everyone with that, the truth of Lily's 'ringcraft' skills is there for all to see in the other pics!!

As Gerri said, Tilly was faultless in the Adult Handler class and she worked it like a pro!! Quite different from her refusals to budge in the earlier class, but to be fair, the judge had asked Gerri to remove any treats from her pockets, and Tilly was very distracted by this. Plus Lily doing cartwheels on the sidelines didn't help too much either!!

A brilliant day and Gerri and I definitely took the best dogs home!!
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Aww Bless Lovely pictures.....Glad Tilly came first Their both beautiful......Thanks for sharing x
Thank you. They were both so good.

Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
Brilliant photos Gerri!! (except for the dodgy looking bint in the 6th one!)

I love the one of Lily looking up at me in the ring there, but although we could have fooled everyone with that, the truth of Lily's 'ringcraft' skills is there for all to see in the other pics!!

As Gerri said, Tilly was faultless in the Adult Handler class and she worked it like a pro!! Quite different from her refusals to budge in the earlier class, but to be fair, the judge had asked Gerri to remove any treats from her pockets, and Tilly was very distracted by this. Plus Lily doing cartwheels on the sidelines didn't help too much either!!

A brilliant day and Gerri and I definitely took the best dogs home!!
Lol. Lily's heelwork was was spot on (well when she wasnt bouncing on 2 feet!) She coped so well. It can be quite scary for a dog if they've never done it before but she just took it all in her huge gsd stride!
As for Tilly in the obedience ring, im still traumatised. When I called her in the recall and she just sat there staring at me, I could have swapped her there and then for a collie!
But I reckon our little beauties were the stars of the show and we took the best dogs home.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
Lol. Lily's heelwork was was spot on (well when she wasnt bouncing on 2 feet!) She coped so well. It can be quite scary for a dog if they've never done it before but she just took it all in her huge gsd stride!
As for Tilly in the obedience ring, im still traumatised. When I called her in the recall and she just sat there staring at me, I could have swapped her there and then for a collie!
But I reckon our little beauties were the stars of the show and we took the best dogs home.
I was pleased with how she handled it being as she has been so funny with people. It must be the gsd in her that gave her the courage!!

Aww, Tilly was just having a terrier moment then! She did you proud in the end and completely deserved her first place!

I ended up taking Lily and Dylan out for a walk tonight and she spent ages running around with a cocker spaniel, and then a bit later we met a young lab who wanted to play chase so she charged around with her for quite some time!! She's snoring on the sofa now though!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Look, all of this is just going to start going to her head! At least she wasn't in her Tutu though ;o)

They are both stars, well done. I still think Tilly would have been an amazing Toto. She is a star in the making xx
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2010, 02:23 AM
Great pictures, they really made me smile and the story that went with them makes it sound like a wonderful day. Laughs were plenty by the looks of it
I like that Lily through in the best wallaby impression, throwing in some Aussie touches, nice Lily nice
LOL at Tilly, she must be a temperamental artist, and finally decided to behave for the last class (either that or she was giving the other dogs a chance to shine )
I do have a question though, why does Tilly seem to put everything in her mouth
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2010, 05:58 AM
Fab photos. Looks like you had a brilliant time and the girls did you proud

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >