Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Joanne-clare
New Member!
Female 

28-04-2010, 08:54 PM

Curtis's Behaviour

Curtis is my 5 month old staffie. All of a sudden he has started 2 become very knarky. An started snapping at us. Wondering weather it could be because of his teeth falling out??? xxxx
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-04-2010, 09:17 PM
I briefly read through your other posts about your staffie pup and from what you now say it sounds as if your pup is getting a bit assertive and bossy with you. It may be that his gums are a bit sore, but soon he will have adult teeth which can cause a lot of damage and he could become a danger. You cannot allow him to snap as this could get worse as his matures. Staffies are noted for their powerful jaws and they are a very strong minded breed. I think you need to see someone who has experience with staffies. Do you know if there is a breed club near you - if so I would join. Otherwise, join a training club. It may also be worth a quick visit to the vet, just to be sure there is nothing physically wrong with him which may be causing him pain. Good luck.
Joanne-clare
New Member!
Female 

29-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Thanks. Hes only like this with me. He has a very good relaionship with my partner. Curtis suffers from excema In his ears and in his armpits with has had treatment. Hes due 2 go back 4 more medication and a cheack up so i will see the vet while im there xx