Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spaznchevy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-03-2010, 07:46 PM

Another Walk Ruined By A Idiot

My Sister just called me and was telling me about her walk with KiKi today through the dog park. She has a 8year old daughter and she Enjoys walking KiKi as well.. KiKi is a dream on and off lead (i've walked her many times) well my sister was there the whole time my sister decided to keep Ki on lead today because quite a few people in this park dont keep their dogs under control . She said they were walking about and some guy just started yelling at her for letting her daughter walk such a big dog. My sister explained shes a well trained dog she listens to her daughter just as she does her nothing to worry about . She went to talk away and this man continued on , my sister said look my dog is under control , as his dog is running about tormenting other dogs and people being a pest she said you might want to get your dog! And her and i just dont see a problem with her daughter walking KiKi as long as she's present the whole time and KiKi is under conplete control

do you guys think this man had a right to yell at my sister? please be honest because we are just confused
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2010, 08:17 PM
None of his business!
It's not like her daughter was there on her own!
Stupid man....ignore (IMO)
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2010, 08:20 PM
I don't think he should have said anything as like you said, IMO too there is no problem with your niece walking Kiki so long as she is under full control and your sis (or an appropriate adult) is by her side.

Angus who we walk with could be walked by a toddler he is soo easy and doesn't react to anything.

I hate people who judge so readily (we had someone at the park say our dogs were agressive the other week as they were making noise... Now surely if they were agressive... Damage would have been done?!)
spaznchevy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-03-2010, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by tokiayla View Post
None of his business!
It's not like her daughter was there on her own!
Stupid man....ignore (IMO)
Exactly thats what i said to my sister now shes talking about never going there again. i told her dont pay him no mind to let him take away from ya'lls fun.. stupid people like that make me so mad

Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
I don't think he should have said anything as like you said, IMO too there is no problem with your niece walking Kiki so long as she is under full control and your sis (or an appropriate adult) is by her side.

Angus who we walk with could be walked by a toddler he is soo easy and doesn't react to anything.

I hate people who judge so readily (we had someone at the park say our dogs were agressive the other week as they were making noise... Now surely if they were agressive... Damage would have been done?!)

thank you! like i told her as long as KiKi isnt acting up and is being well behaved like she always is their shouldnt be a problem especially if she has an adult present. Me to i dont judge anyone even if their dogs are out of control even at that i say something politly if their dog starts bothering me i dont start yelling at them, they said your DOGS ARE AGRESSIVE ?!? what?! if they were agressive their would have been a problem right? But even "IF" they were (which im pretty sure they arent) i think you would be responsible enough to not take them where theres alot of people or animals ect.. see people like that just push my buttons
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2010, 11:28 PM
I don't see what the man's problem was?! Your Niece was with your sister.....Silly man x
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2010, 11:32 PM
Hi,

Firstly, I agree that so long as Kiki was under full control and your sister could step in should anything go wrong, there's no problem. TBH though, if your neice was walking Kiki alone, I would certainly question it.

It's not something that's done readily here where I live and even having my dogs with a separate/second lead attached for my 5 year old Sn to hold onto (so he only thinks he has control of them) has caused me problems with some people.

I don't think you have anything to worry about though and your siser should continue to walk Kiki where ever she wishes.

Laura xx
spaznchevy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-03-2010, 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
Hi,

Firstly, I agree that so long as Kiki was under full control and your sister could step in should anything go wrong, there's no problem. TBH though, if your neice was walking Kiki alone, I would certainly question it.

It's not something that's done readily here where I live and even having my dogs with a separate/second lead attached for my 5 year old Sn to hold onto (so he only thinks he has control of them) has caused me problems with some people.

I don't think you have anything to worry about though and your siser should continue to walk Kiki where ever she wishes.

Laura xx

o yes i do agree if she was walking Ki alone then i'd question it myself! But Ki is a very sweet natured dog very much under control nothing really bothers her. I had suggested for her to bring a second lead next time just in case someone says somthing to her again. and thank you i told her the same dont let someone like that ruin your walks i told her keep walking her wherever she wants
leopard_print
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-03-2010, 08:49 AM
I am always the first to moan about kids walking dogs but then normally I see the kids running along the road with the dog or the kid being dragged along by the dog. I then worry incase the dog were to tun on my dog.

However if the dog is trustable on the lead and your neice has the dog under control then he had no reason to stick his nose in. Especially if his was out of control! I used to walk my dog when I was kid with no rpoblem, I was mature for my age though and Tessa was a wise intelligent dog.
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2010, 09:27 AM
She was being supervised by an adult, and was under complete control. Don't see the problem really. Some people just have to stick their nose in where it doesn't belong! Ignore him!
spaznchevy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-03-2010, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by muttzrule View Post
She was being supervised by an adult, and was under complete control. Don't see the problem really. Some people just have to stick their nose in where it doesn't belong! Ignore him!
Thank you

Originally Posted by leopard_print View Post
I am always the first to moan about kids walking dogs but then normally I see the kids running along the road with the dog or the kid being dragged along by the dog. I then worry incase the dog were to tun on my dog.

However if the dog is trustable on the lead and your neice has the dog under control then he had no reason to stick his nose in. Especially if his was out of control! I used to walk my dog when I was kid with no rpoblem, I was mature for my age though and Tessa was a wise intelligent dog.

thats what i told my sister he had no right if Ki was well behaved and his dog was running about tormenting people and other dogs silly people like that their everywhere