Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
GUISEPPE
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-03-2010, 02:35 PM

Cyber Stalker

My kids best friend is the usual internet kid of today always on the net, well for a few months now she has been looking uneasy and my wife and I thought that maybe her and our child had fallen out over boys or something. So biting the bullet we asked and were amazed to hear she is being stalked by some crazy, who everytime she logs into a site she is followed and for want of a better phrase stalked. This crazy person even makes up names to stalk her, the police have already warned this crazy stalker who it also transpires is unemployed and spends all day doing this to a few people. The police are watching this stalker but hey isnt is scary that this is allowed to happen, good job though that the kid has several people who have made contact with police over the crazy stalker. The police have times of this stalkers log ins and they happen when his mother isnt about so the police say that its like they are sad and lonely and just being a nuisance to people.

Sad tho that kids are not even safe using the net at home....
Luckypirate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-03-2010, 05:30 PM
Ohhh yeah. The internet can be a minefield of weirdos like that =/
Still, as long as kids are sensible and don't give out details and stuff you should be okay. I would have honestly told my child to leave the site though, surely its not worth that?
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-03-2010, 06:25 PM
I too have a stalker and this is the only forum I am on that she hasn't joined (YET!). She accused us of being dog abusers to try and prevent us getting our Dyson from Canine Partners; she got someone to ring me impersonating a Police Officer and saying I was harrassing HER. She also stalks some of my friends on forums too and is a narciccist - it is all her and her dogs... she's even just got a puppy so she now has another designer breed to go to shows with and thinks everyones dog is nothing - hers should be on all the adverts etc. because she says so. That said I am an adult - our kids are adults and our grandkids are not old enough yet to use computers but wow it is scarey that this dort of thing happens to kids particularly.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2010, 06:45 AM
I think children are most vulnerable to giving out info on the internet and leading to potential stalkers.
If I can say like my grandmother would, "in my day" as a child there were no mobile phones, internet etc and now it is a whole new generation of technology that is giving people insight into your 'real life' making the world smaller.
Children don't understand the worries of giving out information on the internet (I know I am generalising) and it is not just stranger danger (from walking down the street) it is people can pretend on here, they can not be who they say they are. I was reading the other day they want a popular social site to have a panic button installed into the site as a 17yr old got kidnapped, raped and murdered, after befriending someone who wasn't who they said the were.
Kids these days need to be taught and monitored about the internet, as they are so vulnerable.
Mind you people need to remember how much they want known on the internet as it is open to abuse or the people putting everything thing out there, that it is more public than if you wrote it out and stuck it in a shopping centre.
There are people that abuse technology, look at mobile phones with cameras they are banned from swimming pools, as people were photographing people getting changed.
Things are moving so quickly these days and the law is lagging, so many times you hear of a new problem technology has created and the law needing to change after the problem has occurred.
GUISEPPE
Dogsey Junior
Male 

16-03-2010, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by AllyLambell View Post
I too have a stalker and this is the only forum I am on that she hasn't joined (YET!). She accused us of being dog abusers to try and prevent us getting our Dyson from Canine Partners; she got someone to ring me impersonating a Police Officer and saying I was harrassing HER. She also stalks some of my friends on forums too and is a narciccist - it is all her and her dogs... she's even just got a puppy so she now has another designer breed to go to shows with and thinks everyones dog is nothing - hers should be on all the adverts etc. because she says so. That said I am an adult - our kids are adults and our grandkids are not old enough yet to use computers but wow it is scarey that this dort of thing happens to kids particularly.
God that is so sad isnt it, hey at least you are an adult , you have to pity the dogs this stalker of yours has though, they must be sad lonely individuals who have no homelife, bet they even hide the truth from their families, people like that usually wait until husbands or wives have retired to bed before logging in, its a game they play with everyone. They would be horrified if people knew the truth about them. They usually seek attention , God I am so glad I am too busy to behave in such a way.

Police with my kids friend are watching this weirdos every actions.Especially after the FB killer.
GUISEPPE
Dogsey Junior
Male 

22-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Well Police have visited my kids today at school advising them of the dangers of crazy stalkers on the net, they have made it clear that this one person is being watched daily and they are logging the activity of all the places it visits using the web. Lots of leaflets etc showing that apparently there is a huge network of these cyber stalkers who log in to use the net for weird reasons and come across all normal like the killer on [a social network]. What makes it worse is that it seems there are women doing this too.