View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spaznchevy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-03-2010, 08:51 PM

Whats Wrong With Chevy Is She Just A Bully?!

My sister just got her very first pup a Shorkie.. Well her and her pup came over and I had a bag of rawhides and I had givin both pups one , well Chevy took hers into her bed came out stole the other one right out of my sisters pups mouth came over jumped on my lap dropped the raw hide and went on her way..I gave it back to the pup of course and I was also observing When they both were eating they had to share a bowl because I was puppy sitting for my sister and I had no more dog bowls and they were sharing at first just fine ,well Chevy wasnt growling or anything she was just staring down the pup and Chev continued to eat and the pup didnt dare get near the bowls ... so of course i went and put the pup in a different spot with 2 of my bowls..And this just happens with everything the pup has or gets Chev wants it and takes it. ..... Is She Just a Bully??

advice plz
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Sounds normal. I don't think she is a "bully" at all; dogs don't really understand the concept of sharing. Food is a very common source of conflict between dogs.

I personally feed my dogs apart and supervise very closely if I give them something high-value to chew on. I do not allow them to approach each other.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Sounds normal. I don't think she is a "bully" at all; dogs don't really understand the concept of sharing. Food is a very common source of conflict between dogs.

I personally feed my dogs apart and supervise very closely if I give them something high-value to chew on. I do not allow them to approach each other.
Yep - and they always want what the other has!
spaznchevy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-03-2010, 11:03 PM
thats good i thought chevy was just picking on the pup
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2010, 11:57 PM
Fairly natural - you can train for it or seperate and supervise

But I wouldnt let it continue
Friends of mine got a new puppy and their older dog took everything off her
They thought it was cute and the dog was showing the puppy who was the boss

Now the pup is a grown up dog who learnt that she wasnt safe with any toys or food so she attacks any other dog who is in the room when she has anything - she has learnt the best defence is offence!