Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dogsforlife
New Member!
Male 

01-02-2010, 10:26 PM

Re-home help!

Never done a thread before. but really need help! A friend has recently recued a X Pit/Mastiff and needs to find her a new home urgently. She has a lovely Temoerament and she is only 18months old. Any suggestions. I cant have her as I have a staffie. Good home needed urgently, I will even deliver to the right person. Must be the right person!!! and will not cost, I hate saying that this is a life i'm talking about and makes me so mad to think these people breed dogs and dont look after them. Please any advise would be so helpful. Finally, if I were to take her from my friend to a rescue centre will they put her down?
await some help! thanks! There was a thread on here before. LABANE. they had a PitxMastiff and said they r looking for a new doggy as theres had to be put down at 15yrs. Please get in touch you sound perfect! xxx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-02-2010, 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by dogsforlife View Post
Never done a thread before. but really need help! A friend has recently recued a X Pit/Mastiff and needs to find her a new home urgently. She has a lovely Temoerament and she is only 18months old. Any suggestions. I cant have her as I have a staffie. Good home needed urgently, I will even deliver to the right person. Must be the right person!!! and will not cost, I hate saying that this is a life i'm talking about and makes me so mad to think these people breed dogs and dont look after them. Please any advise would be so helpful. Finally, if I were to take her from my friend to a rescue centre will they put her down?
await some help! thanks! There was a thread on here before. LABANE. they had a PitxMastiff and said they r looking for a new doggy as theres had to be put down at 15yrs. Please get in touch you sound perfect! xxx
Hi Tony and welcome to Dogsey you say this dog was 'rescued' where was it rescued from. If it was a rescue centre your friend should contact them .
Do you know why the dog can't be kept ?
dogsforlife
New Member!
Male 

02-02-2010, 12:45 AM
Hi,
Thanks for replying. She was taken away from an irresponsible owner who didnt care for her. She has not come from a rescue centre. She has a lovely tempreamnet. but my friend lives in a 1 bedroom apt that does not allow pets. So needs loving home asap!
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2010, 08:01 AM
If you reckon the dog has pitbull in it I wouldnt say. Firstly they are illegal and you run the risk of it being put to sleep or you will attract the wrong sort off people who use dogs for fighting and/or breeding fighting dogs.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2010, 10:05 AM
I`d get the dog spayed, and stop calling her a Pit Bull cross. Then contact bull breed rescues for advice.
A dog of this type will be snapped up by someone wanting a `hard` looking dog, so you have to be incredibly careful.
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Claire is right contact ddawatch or bull breed rescue [Link removed] http://www.firesiderescue.co.uk/about.html and stop calling her a pitt cross.
Tegan
New Member!
Female 

15-02-2010, 01:02 PM
Hi there, are you still looking to rehome your dog? Please contact me if so as I am lookign for a friend for my mastiff cross

Thanks,

tegs