Our sister sites
coopergang
New Member!
Female 

21-06-2010, 09:47 AM

Days out

Hello,
Not sure if i am posting this in the right area
We are thinking of going out for the day over the weekend and taking Charlie with us.
Does anyone know of any dog friendly beaches that we could take him on.
Thanks Di
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2010, 09:58 AM
Hi,

I know the one at Rhyl is dog friendly for quite a distance all year round. I don't knwo about other braches though. It depends on where exactly you want to go really.

I woudl recommend taking 2l/3l bottles full of water for him though. My dogs get really thirsty at the beach, even moreso than usual so be prepared.

Have a good day, where ever you decide to go. I lvoe to see dogs and horses running along the beach.

Laura xx
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2010, 10:11 AM
Which bit of coast are you heading for as you seem to be in the most central area of England?! I can recommend several beaches in the Sussex area but it's a bit far for a day out.
coopergang
New Member!
Female 

21-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by wilbar View Post
Which bit of coast are you heading for as you seem to be in the most central area of England?! I can recommend several beaches in the Sussex area but it's a bit far for a day out.
Hi, because of where we live wherever we decide it means travelling a distance, we took him to Barmouth at Easter and 'every man and his dog' were there and our dog isnt aggressive but loves to bark at other dogs, which after a while grates on yer nerves
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-06-2010, 02:30 PM
We go to Anglesey and head for RAF Valley. If you go past the base, keeping it on your left and then just after you past it, there is a little track on the left that leads you to the sand dunes fronting the beach. The beach is massive and you can walk for a good hour or so before you hit Rhosneigr village. If you go on a week day, the jets are taking off over the beach.

If you search for RAF Valley on google maps, you can see the beach and how big it is.
coopergang
New Member!
Female 

21-06-2010, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by kazer View Post
We go to Anglesey and head for RAF Valley. If you go past the base, keeping it on your left and then just after you past it, there is a little track on the left that leads you to the sand dunes fronting the beach. The beach is massive and you can walk for a good hour or so before you hit Rhosneigr village. If you go on a week day, the jets are taking off over the beach.

If you search for RAF Valley on google maps, you can see the beach and how big it is.
thanks for that Kazer, am going to look at it now, sounds just what we are looking for